Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Administrator
4,264 Posts
*** Please disregard this post***

I have no clue what this is and unless you can provide a good explaination I will consider this spam and delete this thread.

Hero

*** Please disregard this post***

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sorry, I figured that everyone knew by now what a gmail account was. It's a webmail account from google that has a 1 gigabyte storage limit, along w/ google's seaching ability for your inbox. More information can be found here.

Currently, the only way to get an account is to be invited by a current member. I thought I'd share a few invites with my fellow Subaru enthusiasts.

If you still think this is spam, then go ahead and delete, I didn't mean for it to come across as spam.

--Josh

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hero Boots said:
I have no clue what this is and unless you can provide a good explaination I will consider this spam and delete this thread.

Hero
Hero-

FWIW, I personally wouldn't consider this spam. Right now, gmail (Google's new email accounts w/ 1Gig of online storage) aren't easy to come by, as they are still in beta testing phase and you can only sign up for an account if you get an invite from an existing account holder. Early members have a better shot at getting the account names they want. (e.g.,[email protected] or whatever.)

Josh-

If you have any invites left, I would like one! Sending you a PM now!

Thanks!

Eric

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Everyone that's asked for an invite so far has gotten one. I have one invite left, but will likely get more soon. Either post or PM me and I'll get you an invite as soon as I get more.

--Josh

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
All out for now. Keep posting/PM'ing me and I'll add you to the list of people to give them to as I get more. I currently have 1 person on the list for the next batch.

--Josh

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
no offense meant, but you DO realize that one of the gmail "features" is Google's scanning the CONTENT of yr messages to target advtg at you? do you want them reading your mail?

Harry Tick

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yes, I know they read the mail, I don't really care if they read it, as I mainly have mailing lists sent there. It's nice to be able to google my email list archives to find stuff... As far as ads, I've learned to block them out, so I don't even really notice them.

--Josh

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
About this Discussion
11 Replies
5 Participants
CR_TurboGuy
Subaru Outback Forums
Welcome to the Subaru Outback Owners Forum, we have tons of information about your Subaru Outback, from a Subaru Outback Wiki to customer reviews.
Full Forum Listing