Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for some durable rear seat covers. Not looking for brand recommendations as I will buy them locally from a supplier that carries many brands.

The issue is that most manufacturers only list up to 2012, nothing on the 2013 models yet.

So question - Are the 2013 seats IDENTICAL to the 2012? :confused: Seat covers are a special order so I will own them if they don't fit. :eek:

·
Registered
82 Posts
I wanted to buy the weathertech mats, and also a laptop mount that bolts to the seat rails, and the dealer said that everything is the same between the 2012 and the 2013.

·
Registered
4,012 Posts
Weathertech retooled the rears for 2013. They are a tiny bit different. The rear seats appear to be identical although my wife swears they are softer and more comfotable on our SAP. Check in the 2013 information thread.

·
Registered
1,970 Posts
On the cloth they( the 13) seem softer with different material but I think the 10-12 seats are a touch more comfy, but I hope they are more durable. My drivers seat cover was replaced after 15 months because of fraying.

·
Registered
1,970 Posts
G-Omaha- A little off topic- Overall your impression of your 12 Impreza. Is fuel economy meeting exceptions?

·
Registered
2,342 Posts
Weathertech retooled the rears for 2013. They are a tiny bit different. The rear seats appear to be identical although my wife swears they are softer and more comfotable on our SAP. Check in the 2013 information thread.
Weather Tech made a change because of the floor, not the seats. The uni-body got a refit I think to improve handling.

I test drove 5 (2012) OB's before selecting mine. They all felt different.

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
G-Omaha- A little off topic- Overall your impression of your 12 Impreza. Is fuel economy meeting exceptions?
Really like the '12 Impreza. Only complaint so far is the Bluetooth/iPhone interface (causes the iPhone to play music at all times when entering the car) and few rattles. As far a gas mileage, I am happy with it and my son is not. He drives it more that I do and has a much heavier foot. Easily see a 4/5 MPG difference depending on the driver.

·
Registered
4,012 Posts
Weather Tech made a change because of the floor, not the seats. The uni-body got a refit I think to improve handling.

I test drove 5 (2012) OB's before selecting mine. They all felt different.
Correct. The comment on the weathertechs was in response to "rentonoutback" being told by his dealer that "everything" was the same between the 2012 and 2013. From what I have recently read Weathertech has not retooled the rears and is listing 2012+2013 with the same part# even though the floor pan is a bit different. Even the rear seats may be different as G-Omaha has said the lever placement might be different which could impact seat covers. Things have changed.

·
Registered
1,970 Posts
Yes G-Omaha the MPG is good with a lite foot, not so much when driven aggressive. I too have DWS's and they are great. Today in Denver they are fantastic with about 2 inches of ice/snow. Also I noticed the ABS is quieter in operation than my 10 Outback and the VSA is quicker to correct once it activates. As far as rattles it seems the majority of folks have the a pillar rattles. This car is more advanced than one thinks for the money!

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
One "rattle source" that is apparent on the Impreza and Outback is that the plastic cover for the wires to the mirror requires a damper and on some models it does not have one (small bit of foam on my '13 OB SAP). When it rattles, it sounds as if it is coming from 1) the dash, 2) the left of the driver, and 3) near the passenger. Rattles are real hard to identify, especially if you are driving - it depends on exactly what you are doing when the rattle occurs.

The '12 Impreza is a vast improvement over the previous Impreza models. I agree that it is better than the '10 OB; however, must state that the '13 OB is an improvement over both.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
About this Discussion
10 Replies
6 Participants
G-Omaha
Subaru Outback Forums
Welcome to the Subaru Outback Owners Forum, we have tons of information about your Subaru Outback, from a Subaru Outback Wiki to customer reviews.
Full Forum Listing