Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am curious to find out if Cardone uses Oem Sub axle for their rebuilds. They have to get the cores from somewhere. Also i have read they are rebuilt in the US. Is this true?

·
Registered
OBW H6 VDC, Tribeca, XT6
12,390 Posts
There have been issues with Cardone axles, Gloyale owns his own shop and is on USMB and has seen them multiple times. Answers to your questions do not verify quality. Here's a thread with tons of Cardone complaints (though few specify rebuild or new...but either way the same company sets the standards and tolerances):
http://www.subaruoutback.org/forums...-idle-after-replacing-front-axles-solved.html

Subaru axles are quite simple and it's not hard to avoid the problems with axles, I have a 100% success rate by sticking to #1 and #2:

1. reboot your Subaru OEM axle.
2. get a used Subaru OEM axle and reboot it. they're only $25 - $33 is the most I'll pay, I do it all the time. Car-Part.com--Used Auto Parts Market
3. EMPI gets the best reviews from folks doing a lot of Subaru axles. General Disorder uses them over on USMB and he owns his own shop and is a hardballer when it comes to quality and reliability.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts