Subaru Outback Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2012 2.5 Premium CVT PZEV
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was down by the Gulf Coast last week on vacation, and kept my eyes peeled for the familiar Subaru logo, and especially any Outbacks.

Saw a couple dozen OBs in my week. Every one of them had a license plate from New England, New York, Pennsylvania, or New Jersey.

Did see an Impreza with Florida plates, was moving too fast to see if it was a transplant (couldn't find a dealer badge) or if she was born there.

I mean, SOMEONE must want one there for duning, right?

·
Premium Member
2005 3.0 R n totaled
7,526 Posts
I am here... Gulf Coast has a big shoreline.... from Pensacola down to FL Keys....

·
Registered
Tungsten 2017 2.5 Limited w Eyesight SOLD!
1,042 Posts
I am down in the Keys and Ft lauderdale. Love the AWD for pulling the boat and trailer on the crappy boat-ramps down here.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Glad to hear my brothers and sisters are out there. I ventured from Naples to Sarasota and didn't see any homegrown Subies

·
Premium Member
2004 Outback Wagon, Mystic Blue Pearl
4,940 Posts
Well, one thing you might have noticed while down there was that the majority of the cars in general had license plates from New Jersey, New York, Michigan, Pennsylvania. . .

As a native Floridian I bought my first Outback when I was planned to move to the great white north. In the time I had it in FL, I found that it was great for plodding through the deep sand of the Ocala National Forest, but a bit lack in ground clearance when you had to ford those deep water/mud holes.

·
Registered
2002 Outback Wagon 2.5L Auto Weather Package
1,971 Posts
Hmmm, the Gulf Coast in March, New England still a bit snowy and cold - and you wonder why you saw lots of NE plates on the Gulf in Florida?

Go inland enough, you'll see a few native OBs I bet. A few.

·
Registered
2019 Jeep Rubicon Unlimited
619 Posts
Sure, mine is still here. There's a few around, although in Orlando we see our fair share of out of state plates, too.

But mine's from Indiana... just like yours...

·
Registered
2006 Outback 2.5i Limited 5MT, 1984 Porsche 944
276 Posts
There are some around Pensacola and Mobile. People buy them for the rain and sand. That said, you won't find any used ones for sale. People that buy them tend to keep them.

·
Registered
2013 Outback
1 Posts
Here in Pensacola myself, father & stepmom all have OB's. I see them all over town. Currently trying to talk my mom into getting one for her "retirement" vehicle.

·
Registered
2011 OB 2.5 Premium w/6 spd CVT
424 Posts
MIA checking in!

I see at least 2-4 Outbacks daily here. They have been very popular here in Miami for 2-3 years now. Lots of Imprezas here too.

·
Registered
2017 Outback, 14 Jeep Grand Cherokee, 07 BMW E-93
604 Posts
Panhandle of Florida as well across the bay from Destin. I see a number of them in Niceville where I live...

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hmmm, the Gulf Coast in March, New England still a bit snowy and cold - and you wonder why you saw lots of NE plates on the Gulf in Florida?

Go inland enough, you'll see a few native OBs I bet. A few.
Oh I knew well enough I'd see all those plates. But I still saw more FL plates than all the others combined.

Sure, mine is still here. There's a few around, although in Orlando we see our fair share of out of state plates, too.

But mine's from Indiana... just like yours...
1 . . . 2. . . . 3. . . .4. . . .5. . . . I laughed

·
Registered
2011 OB 2.5 Limited
188 Posts
Mine's native to Ormond Beach, although bought nearby in Daytona Beach.

·
Registered
'13 Outback 3.6R Limited
352 Posts
My parents XV next to our Outback:

Yesterday I took the Outback and loaded it with mulch:

And my older brothers '06 Impreza while having the head gasket repair done under goodwill at Mastro Subaru in Sanford:

·
Registered
2012 Ouback 2.5 CVT
417 Posts
I see 1 or 2 OB's every week or so on the road with Fl plates. Every now and then I see ones with Canadian plates near fort lauderdale beach. I drive occasionally near US 27 and Krome ave, there's a couple of Jeep trails out there that will get you to some neat fishing spots.

·
Registered
2012 Ouback 2.5 CVT
417 Posts
My parents XV next to our Outback:

Yesterday I took the Outback and loaded it with mulch:

[/IMG]
:29:

Man I need to get me a roof rack, I hate having to clean up all the mulch that spills over on the sides of the trunk and on the carpet. That stuff splinters into the carpet making it difficult to vacuum.

·
Registered
'13 Outback 3.6R Limited
352 Posts
The roof basket is only carrying 6 out of 39 bags of mulch. I was able to fit the rest with the rear seats folded down.

·
Premium Member
2005 3.0 R n totaled
7,526 Posts
The roof basket is only carrying 6 out of 39 bags of mulch. I was able to fit the rest with the rear seats folded down.
That should qualify for the "oddest load in the Subie" thread...LOL

1 - 20 of 20 Posts