Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tried to post the link. On the Yahoo home page, fortune mag article makes the case for Subaru. Very informative and interesting. All about Subaru history.

·
Registered
572 Posts
I read the article too and was about to post it. Really informative. Hopefully they can keep up with demand

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
I was once told that at one point half of all Subarus sold in the US were sold in Oregon. From the amount I see around, I can believe that. Based on the years I see most, I'd put that peak at around 2000, if it proved to be true.

·
Premium Member
7,529 Posts
I was once told that at one point half of all Subarus sold in the US were sold in Oregon. From the amount I see around, I can believe that. Based on the years I see most, I'd put that peak at around 2000, if it proved to be true.
Most are sold in Colorado Springs, CO. That is, where the largest volume Subaru dealer is located!

·
Registered
149 Posts
That 2.5% markert share never made sense to me because in Michigan I see Subarus at every turn & in particular OBs! I would love to know what Subaru's Michigan's market share is (& this is the state of the Big 3)

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
That 2.5% market share never made sense to me because in Michigan I see Subarus at every turn & in particular OBs! I would love to know what Subaru's Michigan's market share is (& this is the state of the Big 3)
I think your suspicion is valid. Out here in southern California, where probably 10% of all the cars are sold in the US every year, Subaru is probably closer to 2%. Not much snow out here. I have to assume the same through out much of the sun belt. So, the share in the upper half of the states could be 4-5%. Factor in that these cars are so used and driven by the people who buy them, and the fact that they last forever, means you could be seeing them out on your roads at a rate of more than 5% of total traffic, or greater than 1 out of 20 cars, VS the stated 2.5% or 1 in 40.

I hope that explains it.

:cool:

·
Registered
2,893 Posts
I see a TON of 2nd gen and 1st gen Outbacks around here, too. There are certainly newer ones, but those years are the most common by far.

·
Registered
86 Posts
It's worth pointing out that a very large percentage of Subarus sold in the last 15-20 years are still on the road.

·
Registered
3,289 Posts
VEry few subaru in Southeast, Southwest, and East Coast (minus Northern/new england states). ALso few in Midwest and Prairie states(all the way down to TX).
in CHicagoland, there seems to be as many Forester as OB...Very few Legacies compared to Impreza... Even fewer Tribeca.... Tons of WRX/STI (at least you hear them)....

·
Registered
21 Posts
You folks, including Colorado and Oregon have large population bases to purchase Subaru's. Here in Alaska I don't think anyone can beat us "per capita" We have them everywhere here, and come March, I will have my 3rd in 30 years. Nothing, I mean nothing beats a Subaru in Alaska !!!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
About this Discussion
16 Replies
12 Participants
jogosub
Subaru Outback Forums
Welcome to the Subaru Outback Owners Forum, we have tons of information about your Subaru Outback, from a Subaru Outback Wiki to customer reviews.
Full Forum Listing