Subaru Outback Forums banner

21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
2014 Outback 2.5i Auto
16 Posts
I have the Diode Dynamics SLF yellow bulbs in my fog lights and love them. All the yellow light without using lamin-x film, as I preferred that look.

·
Registered
2018 Limited 2.5i
442 Posts
Any chance you've got a pic of this somewhere? I've got the Diode Dynamics SLF LED fog lights myself and I've been curious what the yellow lamin-x would look like over those.
if you look in my thread under gallerys i have a pic of the diode dynamics with and without the yellow lamin-x. you cant tell a difference personally. i ended up removing my lamin-x and swapping the diode dynamics for a set of philips LED fogs that are 2700k. youll also find a comparison shot of how much darker the philips are than the diode dynamics. i stuck with the philips as the cut off and the contrast was more apparent than the diode dynamics- they kind of faded into the factory LED headlights

·
Registered
2018 OB 2.5i Limited w/EyeSight
20 Posts
if you look in my thread under gallerys i have a pic of the diode dynamics with and without the yellow lamin-x. you cant tell a difference personally. i ended up removing my lamin-x and swapping the diode dynamics for a set of philips LED fogs that are 2700k. youll also find a comparison shot of how much darker the philips are than the diode dynamics. i stuck with the philips as the cut off and the contrast was more apparent than the diode dynamics- they kind of faded into the factory LED headlights

Nice! Thanks for that! Any chance you've got a link to the fog lights you went with in the end? I did a quick search online and wasn't finding exactly that. Personally I think I'm a bit stuck with the DD ones. I'm within the 90 day limit I can switch them out for the yellow ones, but outside the time I could return them. I do like them but man, oncoming cars really hate these fog lights. I don't always drive around with them on, but when I got them, I did a few nights just to see what they were like and I can't really keep track of how many times I got brights flashed at me from oncoming cars. I of course flashed back so they'd see what bright was actually like, but it makes me think maybe I should switch to the yellow ones while I'm still within RMA range. Did you have any similar experience with people flashing you?

·
Registered
2018 Limited 2.5i
442 Posts
Nice! Thanks for that! Any chance you've got a link to the fog lights you went with in the end? I did a quick search online and wasn't finding exactly that. Personally I think I'm a bit stuck with the DD ones. I'm within the 90 day limit I can switch them out for the yellow ones, but outside the time I could return them. I do like them but man, oncoming cars really hate these fog lights. I don't always drive around with them on, but when I got them, I did a few nights just to see what they were like and I can't really keep track of how many times I got brights flashed at me from oncoming cars. I of course flashed back so they'd see what bright was actually like, but it makes me think maybe I should switch to the yellow ones while I'm still within RMA range. Did you have any similar experience with people flashing you?
i ended up selling my DD ones for $80 or so to get back SOME coin for them to cover the philips. as for people flashing i have never experienced that, even when i run the philips LEDs that match the factory LEDs in the spring/summer. heres the link for the bulbs

https://www.philips.co.id/c-p/12793UNIX2/x-tremeultinon-led-fog-light-bulb

·
Registered
2019 Outback Premium with the moonroof and navigation package
16 Posts
I just ordered yellow lamin-x for our 18 OB last week. Got a code for 15% off.
Can you tell me where you ordered from? I'd like to get a discount code, and the yellow lamin-x looks awesome!
Thanks

·
Registered
2019, Subaru Outback Limited 3.6R
629 Posts
Just installed mine yesterday 👍🏻

Attachments

·
Registered
2018 Limited 2.5i
442 Posts
For those that installed their Lamin-x on the fog lights, did you opt for the dry or wet install?
did the wet install, also used a hair dryer to warm up them up as i did the install in 40 degree weather.

also i did end up reinstalling lamin-x n my fogs and i have been running it for a month now. not sure if ill leave it.

21 - 34 of 34 Posts