Subaru Outback Forums banner

Ascent as an overland vehicle?

8K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  vhercules 
#1 ·
This was the FIRST thing I thought when I saw the announcement -- anyone have any ideas if this would be OK?

I've got to admit I have been looking at 4 runners for a while now but that gas mileage is just hideous.

#2 ·
moved to Ascent section.

I would think it would need a lift kit. LP Adventure is making ones to think about.
@traildogck is making some parts too. and is active on the Ascent forum where there maybe real people doing active off road tests with video.

(not just media dorks that don't own or care about working with and keeping a car).

#3 ·
real people doing active off road tests with video.
Yeah, there are. Robert Mauro is one of the admins on the Ascent Forum, he's been having some fun.

The guys that do our lifts on the Outback get their kits from LP, they're still about another week or so out from having one to ship, last I heard. Big thing with the Ascent is that with a turbo, it won't run out of air at altitude like the 3.6R does.

#4 ·
Sure why not ! Most overlanding vehicles are overbuilt with crazy lifts / snorkels / super heavy bumpers / winches which probably dont get used at all.
A vehicle with over all utility / practicality should serve the purpose ... seems like the Ascent fits in that category.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.