Subaru Outback Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Outback of the Month Challenge!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Weird that cars were equipped with ashtrays. Fortunately, the tray in my recently purchased outback was never used. Anyhow, I'm in the process of adding seat warmers to the car -under the fabric with remote switches. I've 3d printed an adapter in carbon fiber that allows the switches to be hidden in the ashtray. It has a nice fit and looks really sharp -opinions only given by self and wife.

If anyone is interested in the STL file, I will post it on Thingiverse.

Attachments

·
Registered
2006 2.5i Limited Manual
71 Posts
Hey, hoping this post isn't totally abandoned. I'm interested in doing exactly what you have here, with some different dimensions for the switches. Do you still have the file & would you be willing to post it/link it? I wasn't able to find it on thingiverse.

Thanks!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Weird that cars were equipped with ashtrays. Fortunately, the tray in my recently purchased outback was never used. Anyhow, I'm in the process of adding seat warmers to the car -under the fabric with remote switches. I've 3d printed an adapter in carbon fiber that allows the switches to be hidden in the ashtray. It has a nice fit and looks really sharp -opinions only given by self and wife.

If anyone is interested in the STL file, I will post it on Thingiverse.
Do you have the STIL file still? I'm interested in doing something like this, but couldn't find it on Thingiverse.

·
Administrator
1,278 Posts
1 - 5 of 5 Posts