Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My '02 Outback Limited has reached the 60,000 mile mark and my '00 GT is reaching the 30,000 mile mark. Is it time to change the AT filter and the PCV valve? I recall from the shop manual that the AT filter is basically never changed. I believe the same note was made regarding the PCV. These two items are not mentioned on the Subaru maintenance schedule. The differential and AT fluids are only recommended to be "inspected" on a regular basis, not replaced. When should these actually be replaced?

·
Superb Moderator, ,
6,194 Posts
A PCV valve is inexpensive therefore changing it every 15-20k or less is fine. The AT filter is a mesh screen, no? I think the fluid is changed unless the need to drop the pan is necessary, so no need to do the filter I believe.

And regarding the tranny/diff fluids...darnit I was just looking in my car's manual today. Maybe every 60k for replacement. And there again, $ permitting, changing it more often hurts nothing. Cheerio, Brian

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
About this Discussion
2 Replies
3 Participants
Peaty
Subaru Outback Forums
Welcome to the Subaru Outback Owners Forum, we have tons of information about your Subaru Outback, from a Subaru Outback Wiki to customer reviews.
Full Forum Listing