Subaru Outback Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of December's Outback of the Month Challenge!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2013 Outback w/ 69,444 miles. today - driving home from work - at oil temp light flashing, check engine light solid, brake light solid, skid picture on, cruise control symbol flashing. I pulled off road and shut off immediately. Waited 10 minutes & checked fluids. All good. No odors like brakes hanging up etc.... And oddly the last couple days it had been performing a little "off" like I'm stuck in a lower gear feel....

Anyone have any insight? I'm pretty upset as this was to be THE car for next 200,000 miles for me....

I'd appreciate some help. Thank you.

·
Meh.
I has wagons.
12,382 Posts
All the lights being on is normal.

Get the code(s) read.

·
On the Super Mod Squad
2002 3.0 VDC Wag + 2018 2.5 Leg Ltd
27,165 Posts

·
Registered
1998; 2009 outbacks
12 Posts
That happened to my '09 recently -- only it was just after I had it serviced (oil change). I pull out of the shop -- all the lights go on and the car is running funny. I immediately went back to the shop - "what's up" -- he checked the code and apparently when he was checking the filters he accidentally disconnected some plug. Sorry, I can't be more specific but he did not tell me much - except that he goofed - he plugs it back in, all is fine again!

·
Registered
32 Posts
Hello,It happeded to me before two days.but after I turned off engine for a while,I restarted engine. AT oil light, check engine, brake, skid, flashing cruise disappeared.I don't know what to do.
so what is going on with your car?

·
Registered
2015 Outback Limited 2.5L, 2014 Forester Limited 2.5L
105 Posts
Loose or bad gas cap could be the problem. This happened to both my '14 Forester and '15 Outback. For my cars, it takes a few cycles of shutdown/startup for it to clear. Once cleared, I've not had the problem since and I've driven thousands of miles.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts