Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Need Help. I have a Subaru Outback 2010. The AT temprator bulb flashes fast not always. Only I turn on the air conditioning system and do not stop. Until the next start of the vehicle. The air conditioner does inadvertently. Once worked. Cooling once does not work. He goes crazy and immediately turns on the AT temp bulb. If I do not turn on the air conditioning system, the AT light will not come on. Is there anything related to the air conditioning system and the bulb?thank

·
Premium Member
2001 VDC/SC One of a Kind
13,988 Posts
The battery and grounding. The AC pulls a lot of current and when the magnet is energized and you have bad grounds or a weak battery, things act up.

You may also want to check your coolant level as a second.

·
Premium Member
13,988 Posts
Get the whole car scanned. All the modules. I'd bet there's a lot of circuit or communication codes stored on several computers.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the help.
I checked the cooling system and battery, everything is fine.
Now the AT TEMP bulb is constantly flashing with the vehicle starting and the whole air conditioner panel does not work at all.- There is not even a display. Two days ago it worked intermittently and sometimes got stuck, now it does not work at all and there is no panel display.
The malfunction affects the AT TEMP bulb somehow. I do not know the connection between them.
When the vehicle is connected to a computer, an AT TEMP electrical circuit message.
I will have to check wiring of every air conditioner panel system in my opinion.
Is it possible to get the wiring map of the air conditioner panel somewhere?
And do you have any more solutions?
Thanks for your kind

·
Registered
17,808 Posts
@cardoc
Maybe there's a clue in the fact that, at least based on the North American service manuals, the AT control system and the HVAC control system share a number of fuses/power sources. A problem with one of those could be affecting both systems. I have to look at the possible links more closely but if it's a European model, there could be significant differences.

@Saat

Is your 2010 Outback a European model (made in Japan), or a North American model (made in the U.S.A)?

Does the car have the manual HVAC control system, or the automatic HVAC control system? (In the manual system, the temperature is set by rotating a knob that has a color band going from blue/cold to red/hot. With the automatic system, the temperature is set by rotating a knob to an actual temperature shown on the display.)

Which engine and which transmission does it have?

When the vehicle is connected to a computer, an AT TEMP electrical circuit message.
What, exactly, did the "message" say? Was there a trouble "code" as well?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
@cardoc
Maybe there's a clue in the fact that, at least based on the North American service manuals, the AT control system and the HVAC control system share a number of fuses/power sources. A problem with one of those could be affecting both systems. I have to look at the possible links more closely but if it's a European model, there could be significant differences.

@Saat

Is your 2010 Outback a European model (made in Japan), or a North American model (made in the U.S.A)?

Does the car have the manual HVAC control system, or the automatic HVAC control system? (In the manual system, the temperature is set by rotating a knob that has a color band going from blue/cold to red/hot. With the automatic system, the temperature is set by rotating a knob to an actual temperature shown on the display.)

Which engine and which transmission does it have?

What, exactly, did the "message" say? Was there a trouble "code" as well?
Hi . I do not understand the issue so I did not check error code. And I'm not sure he was. In Subaru made in Japan, 2.5L. I do not know the difference between
HVAC automatic or manual.
Today after a few days the AT bulb flashed at start-up, it did not turn on at all and the air conditioner worked.
After another start the AT bulb flashed again and the air conditioner panel worked but only ventilation worked but the air conditioner did not work. Certainly when the AT bulb flashes the air conditioner does not work at all.
Sometimes the whole panel does not work or is stuck and sometimes only the ventilation works.
At the beginning of the problem the AT bulb was flashing when the air conditioner was on only. Now sometimes when starting.
Notice the noises from the front panel when pressing the air circulation button.
Is it worthwhile as a first step to try to replace a battery?
Thanks for the help

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi. Is it advisable to disconnect the battery without a backup battery so that the vehicle computer is reset?
Thank for your kind

·
Premium Member
13,988 Posts
@Saat fr Did you retrieve the fault codes to determine where to look for the problem? If not, I suggest you get the codes from the car. A battery disconnect will erase codes from the ECM, but not necessarily the TCM. And if the problem is present at Key ON or when the engine starts, then the lights will remain regardless of what you do.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
@Saat fr Did you retrieve the fault codes to determine where to look for the problem? If not, I suggest you get the codes from the car. A battery disconnect will erase codes from the ECM, but not necessarily the TCM. And if the problem is present at Key ON or when the engine starts, then the lights will remain regardless of what you do.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
13,988 Posts
@Saat You need to scan ALL the modules on the car and see what else is there. The P1725 is a communication fault on the LAN system. If you did get a full system scan, what were the codes on the BIU?

·
Premium Member
13,988 Posts
COMMUNICATION ERROR INDICATIONS
- If a fault occurs in the body integrated unit or LAN system (in any unit or the communication circuit), a communication error indication is given at the trip information display area on the combination meter.
- The indication differs by the type of fault, and related indicators such as the CHECK ENGINE light illuminate.
- If a communication error indication is given, one or more diagnostic trouble codes are stored in the body integrated unit. To read out diagnostic trouble codes, use a Subaru select monitor.
- If more than one diagnostic trouble code is stored, indication is given in the following order of priority: (1) High-speed CAN (2) Low-speed CAN (3) integrated unit (4) EGI (5) TCM (6) VDC

Do any of these show in the instrument cluster:

"CAUTION:
- Information registered in the body integrated unit must coincide with the vehicle's equipment and specifications for normal operation and diagnosis.
- If the body integrated unit is brand-new or put in factory mode, the key ring illumination blinks to indicate that equipment setting is not completed.
"

High Speed LAN:

" - Terminal resistors built into the ECM and VDCCM & H/U stabilize traffic on the bus, and enables signals distinction from the voltage difference between the two bus lines (CAN_High and CAN_Low). These bus lines are called the main lines. Other units are connected in parallel to the main lines. These wires are called branch lines.
- If one bus line of the main lines becomes open, this is detected as an error and communication becomes no longer possible.
- If one bus line of a pair of branch lines becomes open, communication with the unit connected to the branch line becomes no longer possible, however, communication with other units remain intact. (The error will be displayed.)
"

Low Speed LAN:

"- In low-speed CAN, the system still allows communication even if one of the twisted-pair cable wires becomes open. (Errors will be detected.)
- The high- and low-speed LANs described above, and the IE_Bus, dedicated communication lines, and select monitor communication, etc. comprise the vehicle's data communication system."

·
Registered
4 Posts
Thank for your kind
Where can i get the vehicle's electrical plans. I need the wiring that comes to the air conditioner computer unit.

·
Premium Member
13,988 Posts
Wiring is different between Auto and Manual AC systems. Auto AC has a button on the AC control panel that reads "AUTO", the Manual system you have to turn a knob to turn the fan and a button marked "AC" to turn the AC on.

First, Auto AC models:

Manual AC:

·
Registered
2014 Outback premium
16 Posts
Need Help. I have a Subaru Outback 2010. The AT temprator bulb flashes fast not always. Only I turn on the air conditioning system and do not stop. Until the next start of the vehicle. The air conditioner does inadvertently. Once worked. Cooling once does not work. He goes crazy and immediately turns on the AT temp bulb. If I do not turn on the air conditioning system, the AT light will not come on. Is there anything related to the air conditioning system and the bulb?thank
Check your radiator subcooling (condenser) fan motor and make sure it is operating when your A/C is on.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
In the Subaru garage we fixed the problem.
There was a disconnection in the wire coming from the junction of AT TEMP and AC and that had to reach AC. They did not find the location and therefore moved wire directly from a fuse box to an air conditioner through with a fuse. In the garage they showed me the drawing but it is different or missing in the drawings you sent me. Probably one of the differences between the Japanese and American model. Or there is another sketch.
I do not have it and I would be happy to get it to share the information with you.
And where can such car drawings be obtained?
I am very grateful to you and you for the patience and help you have given me.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts