Subaru Outback Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of December's Outback of the Month Challenge!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey..Help!!!

I bought a 1996 outback with 160k miles on it. After driving it for awhile i noticed torque binding and AT light come on. Did the diagnose and received a solenoid c(Transfer valve) code.Decided to give it a go and replaced the Solenoid. everything went fine,so i thought, until i tried driving off the ramps.Car would not go into any moving gear,park and neutral work GREAT. SO i figured i screwed up somewhere and started tearing it all apart again. I went to drain tranny fluid and hardly anything came out. Decided to poor some more in with the plug open and see if it would drain out.Nothing. im at a loss of what it could be.Any thoughts?

·
Registered
OBW H6 VDC, Tribeca, XT6
12,385 Posts
good job jumping in a Duty C, not the average DIY job.

out of fluid
wrong dipstick
wrong fill hole
wrong drain plug

get the FSM and follow the procedures and diagrams there. they're easily found free online.

·
On the Super Mod Squad
2002 3.0 VDC Wag + 2018 2.5 Leg Ltd
27,165 Posts
transmission dipstick on drivers side of US spec.

front diff dipstick, on passenger side of US spec.

and easy to mix up the drain holes underneath.

·
Meh.
I has wagons.
12,382 Posts
I'm gonna guess no/too little ATF, and ATF overfilled front differential.

Reactions: RoughDiamond

·
Registered
2005 OBXT Limited, VF37, STI intake, 5MT
1,610 Posts
I'm going to guess you filled the transmission with ATF at the RH side, short, metal dipstick?

The trans fluid dipstick is the one underneath the heater core hoses (on USDM spec), near the brake booster and master cylinder.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts