Subaru Outback Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
2013 OB 3.6R (former)
2,839 Posts
It should be! I have two sets of roof bike racks and they both go on the factory crossbars without issue.

I never had issue with the crossbars and never understood why so many people on this forum dislike them.

I used them with a box, a basket, and bike racks and they always fit fine with everything.\

Now, brand name items can be awkward, so I don't know. I have a whole Thule system on my trailer and I despise it. I was forced into Thule because of the rails it came with; I much preferred my stock OB crossbars with my Sport Rack items. Never an issue, unlike the Thule trailer setup: feet, towers, crossbars, so many parts and corresponding amount of weaknesses plus a flimsy overall feel. Not to mention someone can take out the whole thing and load it in their vehicle in about 20 sec (and the Thule locks will stop nobody in that trade) so I rely on a Pewag high-security chain and equivalent padlock that connects bikes to trailer frame. I know, not the standard opinion of Thule but another Thule rack is the last thing I would want.

·
Premium Member
2013 OB 3.6R (former)
2,839 Posts
I will be very surprised if they don't work.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.