Subaru Outback Forums banner

41 - 53 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Outback Touring XT
34 Posts
So I confirmed that the Starlink app on my phone was the culprit. Had it closed with no location service access on a road that I’ve been getting warnings on and it was nice and quiet. Opened the app after driving on it for a few mins and immediately got the speed limit alarm. I still see nothing in the app to shut the alert off so I’ve deleted it for now. I’ll ask the dealer if there’s any way to toggle it off when I go back in though.
Confirming that I had the same issue and fixed it in the same way—by deleting the Starlink app.

·
Registered
2005 Outback 2.5i automatic 157,000 miles
26 Posts
Absolutely. The My Subaru app is still installed, but even that isn't required for CarPlay.
Cool. Thanks for the fast reply. It is super annoying having any woman, let alone a digital one telling me to slow down. :)

·
Registered
2020 Outback Touring
1 Posts
Any word from the people who tried deleting the Starlink app from the phone? My 2020 Touring is doing the same verbal warning. It is weird because it will do it randomly. I've driven several times with bluetooth connected and disconnected. Its only happened on three drives since having it for the last week. It is quite annoying when it does. I just now tried turning the Starlink app location services on my phone to "never". I'm hoping this helps, but like I said it was randomly doing it so it might be a few days before I can confirm. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
214 Posts
It worked—no more alerts. We are proceeding with My Subaru app only and all seems fine.
As noted early you should just be able to get rid of the apps ability to use your location If you need the other connectivity features of the app.

·
Registered
2020 Outback Touring XT
34 Posts
As noted early you should just be able to get rid of the apps ability to use your location If you need the other connectivity features of the app.
I agree, but the immediate fix is to remove the Starlink app. I'm also not clear on what functionality it brings to us that I can't get through the My Subaru app.

·
Registered
214 Posts
I agree, but the immediate fix is to remove the Starlink app. I'm also not clear on what functionality it brings to us that I can't get through the My Subaru app.
It allows you to use 3 or 4 “starlink” compatible apps, over Bluetooth, from the center console. To me the apps are not that interesting but each his own.

·
Registered
1 Posts
So I confirmed that the Starlink app on my phone was the culprit. Had it closed with no location service access on a road that I’ve been getting warnings on and it was nice and quiet. Opened the app after driving on it for a few mins and immediately got the speed limit alarm. I still see nothing in the app to shut the alert off so I’ve deleted it for now. I’ll ask the dealer if there’s any way to toggle it off when I go back in though.

I appreciate all the help.
Thanks a bunch. Just purchased a 2020 Crosstrek and the speed alert is annoying at best. I'll follow your directions

41 - 53 of 53 Posts