Subaru Outback Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Outback of the Month Challenge!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there any way to do either bluetooth or an aux in on this radio? The CD player is broken and i'm not all that thrilled about just replacing it with a factory radio off ebay. I'd like to do either like satellite radio or iPod in or something.

This is the 6 change which is built into the climate control, so options are limited ...

·
Registered
2015 2.5i Limited Carbide Gray
832 Posts
If I'm not mistaken you can replace it with an aftermarket. I would stop by your local specialty shop and see if they offer a dash kit to put an aftermarket radio in and go from there. Once you know if you put a radio in there it's a matter of picking out a radio that will have the features you want and works in a manner that makes sense to you.

·
Registered
05 Xt beatin' to an inch of its life
665 Posts
If you have the trim level where the climate controls are integrated with the factory radio, you have a few options. A JDM conversion (extensive), Highline Car Audio (expensive), or a stand-a-lone re-wired aftermarket radio in the place of the center cubby bin area. This is one of the drawbacks to this type of integration.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
With the dual auto climate control, you can't just swap in another radio because the climate control and radio are a single unit. I didn't know about the JDM conversion. It looks pretty good, if a little expensive. Thanks for the info. Were the part numbers the same for you on your vehicle as in the post?

·
Registered
Car: 2008 Tribeca, 2010 LGT, Sold: 2005 XT Limited
2,926 Posts
Jazzy was selling a kit a number of years ago to allow either headphone jack or IPOD adapter.

Ah, yes, looks like he's still selling it. He's a regular on these forums (or was):

Jazzy Engineering

Note: This option will depend on how your CD changer failed. You will have to deintergrate the radio to install, so you might be able to get any stuck discs out.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts