Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This must be possible.

We just (one week ago) bought a Subaru 2013 Outback Premium, with Audio Type-A.

I have an Iphone 4, which I easily connected through Blue Tooth.

I can't figure out how simply to turn the audio on and off.

When I get in the car and turn on the ignition, the audio of whatever I last paused (whether it is music through the Ipod music app, an audio book on audible, a podcast through downcast) turns on automatically, even if I had last turned it off.

This happens whether it is connected through Bluetooth, or - if I've turned the BT connection off in the phone - through the USB connection when I (as is my wont) connect it to the USB cord for charging.

This is irritating in the extreme. I don't want whatever was last playing on my Iphone to blast out - especially when someone is getting in the car with me.

This MUST be possible. But I couldn't find it in the (unreadable) userguide.

Love the car. Love the idea of using my Iphone through the sound system. But there must be an on/off toggle. Can someone tell me?

·
Registered
2013 Outback 2.5i Premium 6MT
34 Posts
I don't believe that there is a way to prevent that from happening. Think of it as the same as listening to a CD or the radio, it's going to fire right back up again when you get back in the car. The BT/USB assumes the same thing. Your phone stops playing when you stop your car, even if you don't stop it yourself. When you get back in again, unless you turned off the radio, the car will assume you want to pick up where you left off.

·
Registered
2013 Outback Limited, 2.5i, moonroof and all weather package
26 Posts
This must be possible.

We just (one week ago) bought a Subaru 2013 Outback Premium, with Audio Type-A.

I have an Iphone 4, which I easily connected through Blue Tooth.

I can't figure out how simply to turn the audio on and off.

When I get in the car and turn on the ignition, the audio of whatever I last paused (whether it is music through the Ipod music app, an audio book on audible, a podcast through downcast) turns on automatically, even if I had last turned it off.

This happens whether it is connected through Bluetooth, or - if I've turned the BT connection off in the phone - through the USB connection when I (as is my wont) connect it to the USB cord for charging.

This is irritating in the extreme. I don't want whatever was last playing on my Iphone to blast out - especially when someone is getting in the car with me.

This MUST be possible. But I couldn't find it in the (unreadable) userguide.

Love the car. Love the idea of using my Iphone through the sound system. But there must be an on/off toggle. Can someone tell me?
Weird... Mine only does that if the last thing I was playing before I got out of the car was BT audio. So if I am streaming BT and I turn off the car, my iPhone pauses playback. When I start the car back up, it will continue playing back from the same place.

Now, if I'm listening to FM, then when I get out and get back it in, it will not automatically switch to BT.

Is that what is happening to you?

Also, I don't tether using the built in USB, I charge mine thought the lighter socket. It's way faster and more convenient to use my iPhone to select the music as opposed to selecting it by scrolling through the radio's screen.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts