Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,618 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well scored some information on the MY05 AUS Outback and Liberty/Legacy today when I took my car in for service. The service manager had brochures for the MY05! Biggest change is that there will be a Liberty 3.0R sedan and wagon, and we're getting the Liberty Spec B 3.0R with 6 speed manual and all the goodies, price $54000 rougly. Also Liberty GT will come in a 5 speed manual with 190KW instead of 180KW for the Auto. That car is seriously fast!

Bad news Outback wise is no XT, that's a definite. Also definitely no 3.0R with MT.

Appearance changes are minor. Dealers here are short on stock and waiting for the new models to arrive!

·
Registered
1,618 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Pic of AUS MY05 - new lower bumper

Here's a pic of the AUS MY05 (probably USDM MY06) showing the new lower bumper, seems to be the main appearance change. Interestingly the Legacy/Liberty 3.0R Sportshift has VDC standard whereas the 3.0R-B 6MT doesn't. Also the auto gets much better fuel economy but is slower. Fastest is the new GT 5MT, claimed 5.8sec 0-100km/h.

Cheers,
Karl

Attachments

·
SubaruOutback.org Founder
4,255 Posts
**** you Aussies! I had read This Article and immediately became very jealous of you all, YET AGAIN!!! Uhg, seriously I'm going to SOA tomorrow and I'm gonna start throwing some folks under the bus :xnuts:

You guys always get all the good stuff way before we here in the states do. Curse the maker, bring this stuff to the states soon!!!

·
Registered
1,618 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah I am drooling over a Liberty/Legacy 3.0R-B or GT manual, only question is which would you get? The 3.0R-B uses more fuel than either the 3.0R or GT and is slower than the GT manual...

·
Registered
244 Posts
The biggest b!tch I had about the MY04/05 Liberties and Outbacks has now been addressed - a CD Changer is now on the Subaru Accessories list. It's a 10 stacker that fits under the front passenger seat. However, the price is a bit rich at A$990 fitted :eek:

·
Registered
244 Posts
Jondalar said:
I'm confused Losiho, I think they all come with a 6 stack CD player, so why did it bother you not having an optional one?
Only the 3.0R Liberty and Outbacks, and GT Libertys, come with a 6 disc CD changer. The 2L and 2.5 Libs and Outbacks only come with a single CD, and no tape player (no loss at all with that one).

·
Registered
1,618 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Oh, sorry, I was mistaken. I really wish they'd use a better sound system anyway, it's really just bearable and you can't change it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
About this Discussion
7 Replies
3 Participants
Jondalar
Subaru Outback Forums
Welcome to the Subaru Outback Owners Forum, we have tons of information about your Subaru Outback, from a Subaru Outback Wiki to customer reviews.
Full Forum Listing