Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any one got their AUS 3.0R serviced as yet,Id be interested to know prices,as I booked my XR6 ute to get serviced last week and they wanted $450 for an oil change more or less.

I read an article in wheels saying servicing upto 50000k was $550 +7.5 hrs.mmmmmmmmmmm
My liberty RX and WRX,RX services were nowhere near this figure.

·
Registered
1,618 Posts
Jimmbo, I've had my 7500km service but since my car is on a lease I am not sure what it cost.. I *thought* I saw something like $700 on the sheet. I will know the actual cost once I get this month's lease statement.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Just to let you guys know the outback is getting serviced tommorrow,Ive been quote $250 for the standard 12500klm service at a subaru dealer.which I think is reasonable,I'll let you know the result.

·
Registered
29 Posts
When you guys say "serviced", what are you actually talking about getting done. I have never paid more than $30 (U.S) for an oil change, which includes a check and fill if necessary of all fluids and a car wash as well. The only reason I get it done sometimes instead of doing it myself is because it comes with the wash.

I had a 03 Morano that was due for 15K mile service and it was only going to cost me $105.00 (U.S). I looked up on the internet what exactly they were going to do and I managed to do it at home for about $65.

I am baffled with the figures you have to pay for service. I have had quite a few cars and never had them serviced by the dealer. Most every thing they do, can be done in the garage at home.

·
Registered
1,618 Posts
Serviced is a log book service, everything is listed in the owners manual or warranty book, it's mostly labor costs since it's mostly checking things. I don't know about in the US but here if you serviced it yourself they could possibly claim that it voids the warranty. There's even issues with other non-dealer mechanics doing the work. My 3.0R gets it's 12500 on the 30th jimmbo so pretty close to yours.

Cheers,
Karl

·
Registered
29 Posts
I have been extremely lucky, I have never had any warrenty work done on any vehicle I have had. I will have to look into it, but I do not believe that the warrenty should be voided just because you change the oil and other fluids and what not yourself. They definitely do not say anything about it when you first purchase the automobile.

I do know that you will run into an argument if you modify almost anything. For example, if not approved by the dealership, changing the exhaust can sometimes void your warranty.

I will say however, that I do purchase a bumper to bumper warrenty from my insurance company 7yr/100K miles for about $6 a month. I used it only once on some bad ball joints on a 98 Dodge. They did not care that I did all the scheduled maintenance on that one.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Jondalar said:
Serviced is a log book service, everything is listed in the owners manual or warranty book, it's mostly labor costs since it's mostly checking things. I don't know about in the US but here if you serviced it yourself they could possibly claim that it voids the warranty. There's even issues with other non-dealer mechanics doing the work. My 3.0R gets it's 12500 on the 30th jimmbo so pretty close to yours.

Cheers,
Karl
Got mine done today around $190 (trade).Which was better than expected.Having said that not alot gets done anyway.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
About this Discussion
6 Replies
3 Participants
jimmbo
Subaru Outback Forums
Welcome to the Subaru Outback Owners Forum, we have tons of information about your Subaru Outback, from a Subaru Outback Wiki to customer reviews.
Full Forum Listing