Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am currently looking to get a 3Lt Premium Pack Outback and have found a wealth of information here so thanks to all. I believe that Subaru changes their models in the middle of the year in Australia, so if this is true is a MY05 Outback due for release and does anyone know if there are any changes from the MY04.

Thanks in advance for any information.

·
Registered
1,618 Posts
Hi OB_Newbie, I believe the model changes here are in October, so I guess getting pretty close. I've seen very limited info on the next model and the basic word is not many changes, only rumours though as Subaru hasn't released anything that I know of. You could try looking on Subaru Global for more information. If you decide to get the current model I don't think you'll have any regrets, I've written quite a bit about mine in the MY05 USDM thread.

Welcome to the board!

Karl

·
Registered
1,618 Posts
Hi Outback Newbie, I have found out some info about the Australian MY05: (I also posted this in News but rather than link here it is)

Well scored some information on the MY05 AUS Outback and Liberty/Legacy today when I took my car in for service. The service manager had brochures for the MY05! Biggest change is that there will be a Liberty 3.0R sedan and wagon, and we're getting the Liberty Spec B 3.0R with 6 speed manual and all the goodies, price $54000 rougly. Also Liberty GT will come in a 5 speed manual with 190KW instead of 180KW for the Auto. That car is seriously fast!

Bad news Outback wise is no XT, that's a definite. Also definitely no 3.0R with MT.

Appearance changes are minor. Dealers here are short on stock and waiting for the new models to arrive!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
About this Discussion
4 Replies
3 Participants
Jondalar
Subaru Outback Forums
Welcome to the Subaru Outback Owners Forum, we have tons of information about your Subaru Outback, from a Subaru Outback Wiki to customer reviews.
Full Forum Listing