Subaru Outback Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of December's Outback of the Month Challenge!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi. We are having an issue. The light on the passenger side temperature adjustment knob has been going off daily. There is no rhyme or reason for it, just randomly. The only way to get it back on is to turn off the AC system.

Note that twisting the knob does not turn off sycn which is expected. It is like every function of the knob is broken, display and control.

·
Premium Member
2015 Legacy 3.6R ES, 2014 Forester Touring ES, 2005 Jeep Liberty Limited
3,248 Posts
I am not near my daughter's 2018 but it could be only when set to duo.

Laughing at oneself and with others is good for the Soul!

·
On the Super Mod Squad
2002 3.0 VDC Wag + 2018 2.5 Leg Ltd
27,165 Posts
merged duplicate thread and then deleted the duplicate posts to clean it up.

hope your fellow 2015- present people can help.

Reactions: theprodoublee

·
Registered
2018, Outback, 2.5i with EyeSight, Twilight Blue + Gray
19 Posts
This happens when mode is set to blow air on front windshield. Change the mode and you will see temperature in both knobs.

I was also worried before I found out this.

Sent from my MHA-L29 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2017 Touring (Canadian version) 2.5 in Ice Silver 15,000 kms
52 Posts
According to the photo, you have the front window defrost turned on. This overrides settings to clear the windshield and de-ice the wipers. Turn it off and it should return the info for the passenger temp.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
This happens when mode is set to blow air on front windshield. Change the mode and you will see temperature in both knobs.

I was also worried before I found out this.
According to the photo, you have the front window defrost turned on. This overrides settings to clear the windshield and de-ice the wipers. Turn it off and it should return the info for the passenger temp.
Thanks, that makes sense. I'll have to play with it this afternoon to see if I find any other quirks before I freak out that my car is broken.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts