Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2018 3.6R Limited - Magnetite - LP Adventure lift
451 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone bought and installed these on their car?

Sales guy claimed it was just pop off old glass and install these in place. Plug is already there. Must have auto dimming rear view mirror as the signal works off that.

Doesn't sound too hard - I replaced the ones on my vw with euro models.

https://subaru.oemdtc.com/526/j201sfl000-exterior-auto-dimming-mirror-with-approach-light-2017-suabru-impreza

Looks like the guide for impreza. Should be the same or similar?

http://subaruonlineparts.com/mobile/subaru-outback-auto-dimming-mirror-with-approach-light-p-3707.html

Looks like the correct part nr for 18? J201SFL001

These are a must for us.

We went to order our car today and were presented with an offer for one on the lot we really can't refuse. The car does not have these however. If we can land them for 150 bucks that's a no brianer. Dealer said service manual allows about 20 min for installation.

·
Registered
2019 Forester Sport. Love the Orange.
4,017 Posts
For a half hour labor($50-$60) let the dealer do it. Any issues, it's on them.

·
Registered
17 Outback Touring 3.6R blue 18 Chevy Silverado High Country and a 11 Dodge Challenger SRT 8
322 Posts
I have installed them on my 2 outbacks pretty simple job.Just follow the directions and watch where the wires snap into on back of mirrors.

·
Registered
2018 Outback Limited 2.5i with eyesight & nav.
63 Posts
I had them thrown in when negotiating my 2018. They popped right on. They had a bit of difficulty getting the clip and wires positioned right. But the tech just kept popping it off and pushing it around and finally hit it positioned correctly. I was very surprised at how much force he was using but seemed normal adjustments to him. They work fine.

·
Registered
2018 3.6R Limited - Magnetite - LP Adventure lift
451 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks all. They look to be 149, and an easy install.

We were all set to order our car, because we didn't want protection packages and fluff, and wanted the mirrors. Also, wanted it to arrive later, As I've got a few weeks on the TDi appointment for buyback.

Car on their lot was exactly what we wanted minus mirrors and plus protection pack. Those things are simply not in our budget, and we wanted to order to give us a little time on the TDi nonsense. When we were firm on ordering, they made us a very generous offer on the car. I tried not to drop the pen I was writing the number with. When the deal is done, I'll post it up in the price paid thread. I'd be shocked if anyone has gotten an 18 for this cheap so far. It's a significant discount, and that's an understatement. Im sure to be accused of exaggerating as well, LOL.

·
Registered
2018 Outback 2.5i Premium w/eyesight.
9 Posts
I am on my third Outback. This is actually my first reply, since lurking for a while...sorry. However, I just purchased a 2018 Outback that did not have these mirrors on it. I purchased the mirrors through one of the links, got it for $149. They arrived yesterday. I printed off these instructions, and it took me about 30 minutes to do this. Thank you for posting this.

·
Premium Member
2019 Subaru Outback 3.6R Touring
132 Posts
"Arise! Arise from the dead, Thread!!"

I was thinking about getting this on my 2019 3.6R Outback Touring. It appears that I can only get the driver's side dimming mirror. Is it possible/offered to get the passenger side? (I'm just looking at the accessories offered)

·
Registered
2019 2.5i Premium w/Eyesight, "Wilderness Green Metallic"
608 Posts

I was thinking about getting this on my 2019 3.6R Outback Touring. It appears that I can only get the driver's side dimming mirror. Is it possible/offered to get the passenger side? (I'm just looking at the accessories offered)
I got it for my 2019 about a year after we bought the car. Came in a kit with both mirrors, left + right.

·
Registered
2016 Outback Premium 2.5 CVT w/EyeSight+SRVD
7,108 Posts
It appears that I can only get the driver's side dimming mirror.
Every Legacy/Outback accessory kit that I've seen includes both side mirrors. What accessory kit part number are you looking at?

·
Registered
5,864 Posts

yep. The kit has both mirrors. Note that the 2015-2017 mirrors are different than the 2018-2019 though.

·
Premium Member
2019 Subaru Outback 3.6R Touring
132 Posts
Ah. Ok. I saw the photos (J201SAN000) and thought it was just the driver's side based on those. It does say "mirrors" in the description, however.

Thank you!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts