Subaru Outback Forums banner
  • Our 4th of July contest is live! Enter HERE for your chance to win a $400 Walmart gift card.
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Outback of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2016 Outback Limited
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a small gripe that maybe some of you deal with too. Car is locked in a parking lot. Wife & I come back to it. Key fob is deep in my pocket. I reach for the door handle and touch it and the door unlocks. But then to unlock the passenger door I have to either open my door and press the unlock button or dig the fob out and press the button twice. Why can't Subaru make it so if you touch the handles hot spot twice, it unlocks all doors?

·
Registered
183 Posts
I have a small gripe that maybe some of you deal with too. Car is locked in a parking lot. Wife & I come back to it. Key fob is deep in my pocket. I reach for the door handle and touch it and the door unlocks. But then to unlock the passenger door I have to either open my door and press the unlock button or dig the fob out and press the button twice. Why can't Subaru make it so if you touch the handles hot spot twice, it unlocks all doors?

I don't have this feature as I am just a lowly peasant but possibly it is in the car settings for unlocking features in your infotainment?? Just a thought

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2016 Outback Limited
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks. I'll take a look

·
Registered
83 Posts
You can set this from the settings in the screen between the gauges. Buttons are on the left side of the steering wheel. If you start going through the menu options you should be able to see this setting without having to dig through an owners manual.

·
Premium Member
2015 Legacy 3.6R ES, 2014 Forester Touring ES, 2005 Jeep Liberty Limited
3,243 Posts
:RTFM:

Laughing at oneself and with others is good for the Soul!

·
Registered
2016 Outback Limited
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ok, I checked in the manual and yes, I can change it, but not to what I want. I want a two press procedure. Here's why: If I set it unlock all doors all the time, what if my wife is out alone? She might not want to do that. A two press procedure would mean she grabs the magic handle once to unlock drivers door only, twice and it unlocks all. That's what I would like Subaru to do.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Ok, I checked in the manual and yes, I can change it, but not to what I want. I want a two press procedure. Here's why: If I set it unlock all doors all the time, what if my wife is out alone? She might not want to do that. A two press procedure would mean she grabs the magic handle once to unlock drivers door only, twice and it unlocks all. That's what I would like Subaru to do.
I follow. Unfortunately that isn't one of our options. Driver only or all at once are our only choices.

·
Premium Member
2015 Legacy 3.6R ES, 2014 Forester Touring ES, 2005 Jeep Liberty Limited
3,243 Posts
You want all door to open even though it is set for Driver side only.....Then be a Great Husband and open/unlock the passenger side door first. Guess what happens Tada all doors unlocked.

Laughing at oneself and with others is good for the Soul!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts