Subaru Outback Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of December's Outback of the Month Challenge!
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
2017 outback 3.6
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2017 outback 3.6 limited, 38 K msrp and no automatic door locking when you put it in drive, and no auto unlock when you turn ignition off?:frown2:

My other complaint, no front bumper parking sensors. :|

·
Premium Member
2015 Legacy 3.6R ES, 2014 Forester Touring ES, 2005 Jeep Liberty Limited
3,248 Posts
Ok

Laughing at Oneself and with Others is Good for the Soul

·
Banned
6,264 Posts
$38k just doesn't get as much car as it used to......

Not sure how I'm driven 50 years without the need for front parking sensors...what's the world coming to......>:)

·
Registered
'15 Outback 2.5i Premium
2,635 Posts
2017 outback 3.6 limited, 38 K msrp and no automatic door locking when you put it in drive, and no auto unlock when you turn ignition off?:frown2:

My other complaint, no front bumper parking sensors. :|
Oh, the humanity!

Didn't you notice any of this when you test drove the car?

·
Registered
2018 Outback Premium
7 Posts
18s are Full of Door Locking/Unlocking options

Anywhere from Locking at speed (12 mph), starting the car, shifting out of parking, to turning off the auto lock feature.
Auto Unlocking can be set to when shifted to park, turning the car off, opening the drivers door, or disabling the auto unlock feature.

Options to satisfy everyone, regarding the door locks anyhow.

·
Registered
2016 Outback 3.6R Ltd. w. Eyesight
232 Posts
I understand the humor in some of the replies, and I've never been one to need tons of extra goodies in my cars, but I gotta say that I'd like to have auto lock/unlock on my 2016. My CRV has it, and I miss it whenever I drive the Outback. Maybe I'm getting soft in my old age.

·
Registered
2017 Outback Touring 3.6R - Pearl Brown
51 Posts
I had auto locking doors in my BMW and I do miss it in my 2017 Outback Touring. I rented a Mitsubishi Outlander in New Zealand for 5 weeks and grew to like the auto folding side view mirrors too. But once I got back to the states, driving on the "wrong" side of the road is a lot harder to get used to than any other goodies the cars offer. Its what you get used to...

·
Registered
2017 outback 3.6
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yup, the 17 should have had it. Nope i did not notice on the test drive. As we speak I am writing President Trump to complain about the situation. I am confident he will indeed reach out to Kim Jong-un, that North Korean dude that obviously had some sort of influence on the production of my Japanese made car, and that he opted out of the auto lock/ unlock feature that us Americans love and deserve to have on every vehicle.

·
On the Super Mod Squad
2002 3.0 VDC Wag + 2018 2.5 Leg Ltd
27,171 Posts
Yup, the 17 should have had it. Nope i did not notice on the test drive. As we speak I am writing President Trump to complain about the situation. I am confident he will indeed reach out to Kim Jong-un, that North Korean dude that obviously had some sort of influence on the production of my Japanese made car, and that he opted out of the auto lock/ unlock feature that us Americans love and deserve to have on every vehicle.

your car was assembled in
Indiana ... Pence land.

·
Registered
2018 2.5i Limited
24 Posts
Don't make fun of Kim Jong-UNO DOS TRES >:)

·
Registered
'17 3.6R traded for '16 T4R Limited
15 Posts
My wife and I teach classes about personal safety and how we need to be responsible for our security. It is a personal choice. Along those lines, after discussion, most class members choose to deactivate the auto unlock feature as they choose to be in control of when their vehicle door/doors are unlocked. They also like to lock the doors by pressing the lock button, as soon as they enter their car, instead of waiting until they: fasten their seat belt, start their car, check their mirrors, put the car in gear, etc..

·
Premium Member
2015 Legacy 3.6R ES, 2014 Forester Touring ES, 2005 Jeep Liberty Limited
3,248 Posts
You must be mistaken sir.
I searched google maps, I did not find any city in Japan with that name. :nerd:

https://goo.gl/maps/AXXKL9P8eVD2

Where are Subarus Made? | Which Subaru Models are Built in the U.S.?

Subaru currently makes the Legacy sedan, Outback, and Impreza(sold in the U.S.A.) in Lafayette, Indiana. Subaru BRZ, XV Crosstrek,, WRX, STi, and Forester models are built in Japan.*

Subaru of Indiana, Automotive Inc. in Lafayette, Indiana.
*5500 IN-38
5500 IN-38,, IN 47905

[

Laughing at Oneself and with Others is Good for the Soul

1 - 20 of 59 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.