Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2003 Outback Wagon, 2.5, Auto, Blue
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2003 Outback Wagon, Auto Trans and 2.5 4 cyl. has a transmission problem. When shifting from Park to Drive, I press on the accelerator and the transmission feels like it slips and then slams into gear. The dealership has replaced the transmission once already, but the problem continues. It has 13,000 miles on it. The dealership says they don't know what is wrong with it. There is also a periodic hesitation upon acceleration from a dead stop, it feels like the engine is starved of fuel.

Any advice??

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
2000 Outback 2.5L
61 Posts
Did you get a second opinion, another dealer? If your Subaru dealer says they cannot fix it, then I'd dump that car pronto. Check into warranty and lemon laws for your state.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for all of the great tips, I will follow up with a second opinion and check into the State's Lemon Laws. Also, the other problems people are having sound very similar. This is my third suby, and I'm not about to give up.

This website is incredible.

Lanc

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
2005 Outback Website

I just got my "Drive" magazine from Subaru, and found the website that shows the new 2005 Outback and GT. The website is www.need-desire.com
It doesn't show the prices however. Does anyone know how much the new Outbacks and GT's will be?

Lanc

1 - 5 of 5 Posts