Subaru Outback Forums banner

21 - 40 of 116 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
i was being open-minded in case i missed something in the manual ....

what section and page, if you will .....

·
Premium Member
2015 Legacy 3.6R ES, 2014 Forester Touring ES, 2005 Jeep Liberty Limited
3,236 Posts
Did you read post #8

Laughing at oneself and with others is good for the Soul!

·
Registered
'17 3.6R Touring Brillant Brown Pearl
2,419 Posts
IF it were me. I'd pull the door card off, carefully pull the door plastic back, and lubricate the window track mechanical slides. Work the window up and down, and you'll see where the arm attaches to the motor. There will be a plastic slide attached to the arm opposite of the motor. That probably needs some grease.

·
Registered
70 Posts
IF it were me. I'd pull the door card off, carefully pull the door plastic back, and lubricate the window track mechanical slides. Work the window up and down, and you'll see where the arm attaches to the motor. There will be a plastic slide attached to the arm opposite of the motor. That probably needs some grease.
sounds like something i'd be willing to do only as last resort ....

still wondering why my from windows slowly creep downward a little bit when i do a non-auto roll down and stop before windows reach bottom. anyone else experience this ?

·
Registered
2017 2.5 Outback Limited no Eyesight
119 Posts
I haven't seen it mentioned, but I had this problem on a Dodge once an later a few times on a Ford. What was happening was the dry lubricant on the rubber seal at the bottom of the window got washed off over time from rain and moving the window up and down when wet.

The rubber window seal at the bottom of the window was causing a heavy resistance. So I used some dry lubricant (silicone might work), and fixed the problem for a few more years.

You used to be able to get rubber lubricant for just this purpose at any auto parts store. Haven't tried looking for it lately though.

·
Registered
'17 3.6R Touring Brillant Brown Pearl
2,419 Posts
sounds like something i'd be willing to do only as last resort ....

still wondering why my from windows slowly creep downward a little bit when i do a non-auto roll down and stop before windows reach bottom. anyone else experience this ?
It's more than likely related to the slide, also.

·
Registered
70 Posts
poor design ?
havent seen this happen with other makes, at least not in my limited experience of owning just a handful of cars.

·
Registered
70 Posts
at least i can appreciate the mood in this forum .... and respect that i haven’t come across serious trolling yet ....

i got rid of the oem battery today and did the auto front windows reset procedure (hold down 10-15 sec, hold up 10-15 sec), that didn’t do anything regarding the issue.

not looking forward to peeling back seals after removing door panel but i would do it if certain the problem is somewhere in the mechanism.

·
Registered
2016 Outback Premium 2.5 CVT w/EyeSight+SRVD
6,938 Posts
... (hold down 10-15 sec, hold up 10-15 sec), that didn’t do anything ...
Following the proper procedure (specified by Subaru) might have produced better results.

·
Registered
70 Posts
the only other procedure i know of is holding the switch up for 1 second after close.

·
Registered
2019 Outback Limited. 2.5L Tungsten. Previous 2015 Outback and 2002 Forester
110 Posts
I've had this problem from time to time my 2015. It seems to be prominent in that year. The difference to note is that the passenger window will roll back down half way. I've tested the safety reverse on other windows and as the book says, it pulls back a small amount. Two inches approximately.

The problem showed up while under warranty and there had been no battery change or dead battery or disconnection of it. I had the car to the dealer for other work and the writer did the reset and it fixed it so nothing was written up about it. It showed up again and a reset seems to fix it. Now it's happening again. The reset isn't doing it. Motor doesn't sound to be under any strain. I can sneak it up and close it.

This is like my rear hatch howling like Chewbaca. Doesn't do it in the service bay. I said to lubricate whatever. The howling came back. Intermittently. I hate to pay for a repair on something intermittent and not knowing it is the fix. At least while there is a functional work around.

·
Registered
2017 Wilderness Green Outback, Touring model
21 Posts
Problematic window

I, too, am having this problem with my 2017 Outback. I took it to the dealer and they said it was debris in the channel. They cleaned it, and it worked... for a while. Less than a month later I am again having this problem, which is sporadic. I would think that if it were debris in the channel then the problem would occur all of the time, mine is around 25% of the time. I checked and didn't find any debris. Anyone have any luck getting the dealer to fix it without taking it in a bunch of time? It's under warranty, but it's a pain taking it in again and again for the same problem.

Thanks.

·
Registered
2016 Outback 2.5i Premium LapisBlue
7 Posts
my 2016 2.5i premium see this problem. dealership reset battery, cleaned the channels and re-program the window. issue came back after one week.

·
Registered
2016, Outback, 3.6, White
12 Posts
I also have this issue with my 2016 3.6. Passenger side. It happens all the bloody time.

·
Premium Member
2018 Subaru Outback Limited 3.6R Crystal White Pearl/black interior
374 Posts
Just had this problem on the driver's side front window on my 2018 Outback Limited 3.6. I thought I was going to have a problem since we were going to be driving through snow in the mountains of Colorado, but after we stopped for breakfast the window performed normally.

I am sure the dealer will respond with "cannot replicate the problem."

·
Registered
1 Posts
2016 we have had for two weeks started having the problem of the passenger window getting less than a cm from being closed then reversing and going halfway back down. The recalibration procedure in the manual didn’t work. I figured I would test the anti entrapment feature. I folded up a fleece so it was a couple of inches thick and placed it between the top of the window glass and the door frame. The anti entrapment feature worked and the window reversed at a lower point. The window now appears to work normally. I will post again if the problem returns.

·
Registered
2015 Outback 3.6r
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
I will try this today as mine still does the annoying roll down after numerous fix attempts.

21 - 40 of 116 Posts