Subaru Outback Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2013-2.5i, Limited (Special Appearance Package)
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if we can take our Outbacks through a automatic car wash with a hood deflector, moon roof deflector, and side window deflectors with out them getting ripped off by the spinning brushes?

·
Registered
05 Xt beatin' to an inch of its life
628 Posts
Most car washes have disclaimers posted absolving them from liability should any of those items incur damage. You should be ok provided they are a reputable brand, installed correctly, and are plastic or metal secured (not just two-sided taped). Also, check with the wash attendant, they'll tell you if they think you'll be alright.

·
Registered
2012 Outback 2.5 i Premium
474 Posts
Don't expect to come out the other end with those items still attached.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks everyone, good information, and good advice!

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I am hearing that a "touchless" car wash is okay but I think you all are spot on. A good old fashion hand wash is what the doctor ordered.

·
Registered
2012 OUTBACK 2.5 LIMITED SILVER ICE Metallic, moon and nav free
1,220 Posts
Most spinning brushes spin with the run of the car so your deflectors will be fine. However, I would never use those washes due to all the paint damage. Stick with laser wash and then hand dry to remove the baked on crud.

My Sequoia has all those deflectors you mention and has been through the brushes many times without incident. The brushes did rip the rear bumper off once though. LOL

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Found a post from "Hunny Bunny" that addressed this too.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts