Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
05 Outback 2.5i limited
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,
I have an 05 Outback Limited. It has the 6 disc CD changer, but no Aux input. I searched a bit, but couldn't find a DIY to install one. Does such a thread exist? Does anyone have experience with this little project? Any input will be appreciated!
Bill

·
Registered
06 Outback XT, 5spd
17 Posts
Jazzy Engineering

i just did my 6 disc changer install a few weeks ago, so far i like it , i get slight noise from the alternators, so i would recommend upgrading and getting the isolation transformer.

·
Registered
'06 OBXT 5EAT 1.5" lift, stage 1 tune
49 Posts
The guy I bought my '06 from had installed one of the permanent FM tuner adapters in the center console. It's signal attaches directly to the car's antenna at the radio so the clarity is MUCH better than a normal FM adapter, but still not as good as a stereo that has it hardwired in. I don't think the factory radio has an aux input that you can tap into. Another option that I'm considering is the $300 2-din adapter for the full console from Japan, but I don't know if I want to drop that much cash. If you don't have the dual thermostat controls you can get a much cheaper 2-din adapter.

·
Registered
Lawn ornament XT
14,367 Posts
Bunch of threads on this, if you use google instead of the built in search tool you get way better results.

The jazzy is the cheap easy way for a basic line-in.

Getting a stereo from a newer outback is the not quite as cheap, somewhat better quality way.

Then there's outright replacement with aftermarket.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts