Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm excited to be getting my '06 LTD w/Manual trans this week! One question... Does the car have an auxiliary input port in the console? Also, do you think the XT wheels will work on it? (large spoke) :)

·
Registered
14,354 Posts
I'm excited to be getting my '06 LTD w/Manual trans this week! One question... Does the car have an auxiliary input port in the console? Also, do you think the XT wheels will work on it? (large spoke) :)
No Aux input in the '06.

You can hack one in- search for "jazzy" and you'll find the thread. I thought it was a pretty lame hack, so I wound up gutting the factory stereo and installing an aftermarket head unit.

Replacing the stereo in a limited is pretty involved. But oh so worth it!

Good luck!

Oh and the wheels should fit fine.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I did the Jazzy. It's OK and cheap. Get the Pro model with the thingy that cuts down on car "noise" through the wires.
$70

·
Registered
14,354 Posts
aux port should be in the center console no? the one at the elbow, mine is.
they added the aux plug in '07. You can transplant a stereo from an '07-09 into an '06, clean and easy swap if you can find one.

Or do the jazzy mod. I didn't like that one because it really messes with the eq, and depends on the stereo playing a blank cd, which mine couldn't handle.

Or gut it and replace with aftermarket.

·
Registered
14,354 Posts
rasterman do you plug into the stereo on the dash, or in the console?
I put in an aftermarket stereo. I picked one that has connectors on the faceplate AND on the rear. Then I extended the rear connectors to run down past the gear select and into the console. That way I can keep an ipod hidden away down there, but if a passenger brings something they want to hear, it's a cinch to jack it into the faceplate.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
About this Discussion
8 Replies
5 Participants
rasterman
Subaru Outback Forums
Welcome to the Subaru Outback Owners Forum, we have tons of information about your Subaru Outback, from a Subaru Outback Wiki to customer reviews.
Full Forum Listing