Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2013 OB 3.6R Satin White Pearl
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
After 2 long-winded and unsuccessful attempts at posting, I am hoping this is successful. If so, I will share my excitement with the group.
Here's hoping it works!
Aoeifa

Well, that worked better than yesterday, so here's the rest of the story:
I am a home health care worker, who recently decided to start researching for my next vehicle. As we will be moving back to the Kansas City area in a couple years, I decided AWD may be a good option. I need to be able to drive in all kinds of weather, on all kinds of roads, and hauling some equipment. After reading lots about the Subaru (including this forum), I went to the Subaru/Volvo dealership in Georgetown, TX. The salesman listened to my list of needs, then put me in a Volvo XC60. It was nice, but didn't wow me. Next, he put me in the 2013 OB 2.5 Limited. I preferred it to the Volvo, but it still didn't seem the right fit, and definitely not enough acceleration for me. I left, then returned to the dealership the following day with my husband. There was a basic 2.5 OB on the showroom floor, and I decided to sit in it while my husband was milling around. That's when it happened...I felt like giggling! The car just enveloped me, and I knew that was the trim package for me. I guess I like things simple and comfortable. So...I ordered a 2013 OB 3.6R;
Satin White Pearl
Body Side Moldings
Popular Package #2
Sunshade
Rear Side Compartment Cargo Net
Rear Seat Back Cargo Net
Auto-Dimming Mirror w/Compass & Homelink
Remote Engine Starter
I was a little bummed that the all-weather package wasn't available in this model, but the cloth seats and remote starter will help. Thanks to you all, I know to wear warm socks since the floor heater doesn't work well!
I am very excited, and the 8-12 weeks will be a long wait, but I know I will keep this vehicle a long time.
(p.s. Aoeifa is pronounced Ee-fa, and is the greatest female Celtic warrior ever known. I know my Subie will take me anywhere, anytime!)

·
Premium Member
2018 Outback Limited 2.5i Dark Blue Pearl/Ivory w'Eyesight
703 Posts
Congratulations on your new ride.
I guess I don't understand the floor heater comments, since my 11 3.6 Premium warms up so fast I have to turn the heater down.
(I am bummed that they discontinued the 3.6 Premium level for 2013, since that is the package I have, so I won't be getting a 13, with all the improvements it has. oh well.)

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Subyblue

It sounds like your '11 floor heater works better than the new ones from what I've read on this forum. Everyone says the air flow doesn't direct well onto their feet. Owning a Subaru sounds a bit like marriage. You hunt for the one that is a good fit in spite of the quirks!
I appreciate the welcome:)

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Exciting news today! My Suby shipped on 2/26 by rail and is estimated to arrive on 3/18! The dealer talks like it may arrive sooner, so keeping my fingers crossed! I appreciate all of you listening to me jabber on about it:) Ordering is a lot of fun, and I can't say enough about my good experience so far at Roger Beasley Subaru in Georgetown. Joeleen rocks! Have a great weekend all!

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Woohoo! My new Subie has arrived! It wasn't scheduled to arrive until 3/18, so this is a great surprise to start my weekend. I'm scheduled to pick up at 5 p.m. CST. I will try to post pictures but I am technologically challenged. From what I've read on here, I can set up a Photobucket account and share from there. Is that correct?

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Exhausted, but happy! Picked up my new 3.6R OB after work today. Everything is perfect so far, but it took 3 hours from start to finish. I drove and inspected everything thoroughly, then waited in line for the financing part. Must have been a lot of cars delivered, and I was last before they locked up. Looking forward to playing tomorrow! Kudos to Roger Beasley Subaru in Georgetown, and my sales rep, Joeleen. No hassles, great service!

·
Registered
2013 Outback 3.6L Limited with EyeSight
218 Posts
Congratulations on a wise purchase. My '13 Outback Limited comes standard with the All-Weather Package and we love the EyeSight too.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Congratulations on a wise purchase. My '13 Outback Limited comes standard with the All-Weather Package and we love the EyeSight too.
Thank you! Glad you are enjoying your 2013. They are awesome!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts