Subaru Outback Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2014 Forester Premium 2.5i
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Subie Family,

Just wanted to share a cool picture from Green Valley this weekend at a buddy's cabin in the local socal mountains. Of course the OB performed flawlessly, but I think it's time to upgrade the Conti Pros to something a little more snow friendly. Perfect weekend with my wife and dogs and 2 other families. We love it up there so much we are currently in escrow on a neat little cabin of our own - keep your fingers crossed, we are sooo excited. Great excuse to trade the wife's RAV4 for in for another Subie, although she is partial to the Forester.

Hope you all are enjoying the winter as much as we are!

·
Registered
2020 Touring XT, 2013 Outback Lim SAP 270K, 2003 Outback Lim MT 2.5L, 241K..
2,223 Posts
Hey Subie Family,

Just wanted to share a cool picture from Green Valley this weekend at a buddy's cabin in the local socal mountains.

Gorgeous. Where is Green Valley? Is that up near Antelope Valley?

·
Registered
2014 Forester Premium 2.5i
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Gorgeous. Where is Green Valley? Is that up near Antelope Valley?
It's about half way between Lake Arrowhead and Big Bear right at 7000 feet. Kind of a secluded little town that doesn't get too many visitors and not a McDonalds or Starbucks for many miles - awesome.

·
Registered
2020 Touring XT, 2013 Outback Lim SAP 270K, 2003 Outback Lim MT 2.5L, 241K..
2,223 Posts
It's about half way between Lake Arrowhead and Big Bear right at 7000 feet. Kind of a secluded little town that doesn't get too many visitors and not a McDonalds or Starbucks for many miles - awesome.
ahhh ok. Just looked it up. Just up from Arrowbear. Hmmmm I had no idea that little community was in there - all my trips up to Big Bear. Ill have to check it out next time I head up there. I bet its gorgeous.
All that traffic that passes you on the 18 and most probably dont even know that area is there.

And at 7000 feet - out of most of the heat.
I hate summer in So Cal. I like the cold myself. Im just North of Burbank in the Crescenta Valley- I went for a morning walk this morning and was pleasantly surprised it was just below freezing (usually happens a handful of mornings every year where I live).

·
Registered
2010 2.5 Ltd. 2009 OBS
138 Posts
Im just North of Burbank in the Crescenta Valley- I went for a morning walk this morning and was pleasantly surprised it was just below freezing (usually happens a handful of mornings every year where I live).
hello there neighbor!

·
Registered
2017 OB Limited - Ice Silver
183 Posts
Wait, isn't every weekend in SOCAL awesome?

·
Registered
2019 Forester Sport. Love the Orange.
4,018 Posts
All that traffic that passes you on the 18 and most probably dont even know that area is there.
More Spam. And they even came back to the same thread. Reported.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts