Subaru Outback Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Outback XT Limited-Ice Silver
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would like to purchase an awning for my 2020 Outback Limited's factory roof rake. Is there any recommendation for the size I should get? I was thinking about getting this awning from REI Thule OutLand Awning - 6.2 ft. | REI Co-op. Does anybody have any recommendations? Will I have to buy some additional parts to install on my Outback? Do I need to buy crossbars? Any and all help is needed and appreciated.

By the way, I am choosing REI because I have a $400 gift certificate that is expiring in early December of this year

·
Premium Member
2020 Onyx
14,384 Posts
Reactions: teamdrop

·
Registered
2020 Outback XT Limited-Ice Silver
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
How did you mount the Thule Overcast 6.5 to your factory rack. Did you have to modify or buy additional items? Is it hard to take off and put on?

·
Registered
2020 Onyx Autumn Green
199 Posts
No modifications necessary. I do move the rear crossbar to the back position when the awning is installed. The first time you install it is the hardest because that’s when you set the bracket spacing, but once that’s done, it’s relatively easy on and off. A one person job for me. Note, they do hide a better ratchet wrench in the pouch as well (see further down that thread I linked before).

Here’s a couple of shots of it in action (i.e., not in the driveway 😁) Utah roadtrip

1 - 8 of 8 Posts