Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2011,premium,2.5
648 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How the **** does one follow the charts on this, where am I getting my pin 14 and 4 from, the new harness or what the new harness plugs into!? Even still there are not the colors I am reading to follow wtf is going on here!?

·
Registered
2011,premium,2.5
648 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So its from the connector the aftermarket harness it plugs into, will look at the pdf when i am on my comp....i am sure this will help lol

·
Registered
2011,premium,2.5
648 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Oh yes I did looking at tia guy and his pic he took off the connector that went into his radio seems like this would help, but would love to have pic by pic of what wires to connect to what wire, if I find out what to do I will post ASAP

·
Registered
2013 Outback 2.5 Premium
84 Posts
David sent me these instructions when I ordered my harnesses from him. Maybe they can help.

20-pin harness & ASWC:

See these links for my installation instructions (which include a link to my pin-out table for the 20-pin harness):

ae64.com - Head Unit Installation with Subaru 20-pin Harness

ae64.com - Axxess ASWC Interface Installation with Subaru 20-pin Harness

Previously, I was told that 2012 Legacy/Outback with the CE617U1 still had the same resistor values in the steering wheel as 2010-2011 models. However, Subaru's 2013 service manual shows that some models have values like Impreza/Forester.

So I suggest that before you wire things together, use my harness with an ohm meter (preferably digital) to measure your car's SWC resistors. These are the two variations you're likely to see (all are measured from the specified pin to pin 14):

===============

2011 Legacy/Outback w/ BT

Pin 4:
Volume Up 90 Ohm
Volume Down 200 Ohm
Mode 360 Ohm
Channel Up 690 Ohm
Channel Down 1500 Ohm
No buttons 4700 Ohm

Pin 13:
On hook 330 Ohm
Off hook 1000 Ohm
Talk 3110 Ohm
No buttons 100K Ohm

===============

2011-up Impreza/Forester w/ BT

Pin 4:
Seek Up 0 Ohm
Seek Down 330 Ohm
Volume Up 1000 Ohm
Volume Down 3110 Ohm
No buttons 100K Ohm

Pin 13:
Mode 0 Ohm
On hook 330 Ohm
Off hook 1000 Ohm
Talk 3110 Ohm
No buttons 100K Ohm

===============

If yours matches the first set, use my "SWC Variation C" with the ASWC (except using pin 13 instead of 11).

If yours matches the second set, use my "SWC Variation B" with the ASWC.

Please let me know what you find.

Also, what firmware version does your ASWC-1 have? (should be the last 3 digits of the long number before the date, on the white sticker on the back). Metra just recently released V 3.11

======================

·
Registered
4 Posts
According to the AXXESS instructions for a 2010 Outback w/o HK, the pinout should be 4 and 11. Is this incorrect? I am experiencing similar issues but have the Grey/Red on 4 and the Grey/Blue on 11. There is however no harness wire on pin 11 so should I put this on 13? Should pin 14 of the harness really be connected to chassis ground?

Thank you!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts