Subaru Outback Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hood Grille Automotive exterior Grey Bumper

On the right it is over, on the left, under. Which is correct? Looks like over to me, as the tray bunches up on the left. But maybe I am missing something.

·
Registered
2022 Outback Wilderness
142 Posts
My car does the same thing on passenger side. That “flap” it makes on top should not do that, it should fold down and into the gap behind the seat and not fold over on the top, all while remaining under the floor tray. I pulled mine up and found that the port installed a Velcro piece upside down so when I put the seat up the protector pulls away from the seat back an folds over. You can see in the pic that the top Velcro piece got applied sticky side to Velcro instead of seat. Going to point this out to the dealer soon. Also in the process of looking for the installation instructions on the startex seats to see if I’m missing any more as there’s no Velcro anywhere else but on the lower pieces here.
Hood Automotive tire Grille Wood Rectangle

·
Registered
2022 Outback Premium
491 Posts
Under. I believe mine came with instructions that stated so, but it's been a while since I installed them.

·
Premium Member
2021 OB Touring, 2011 OB Premium
1,923 Posts
Under on my dealer installed ones.

·
Registered
2012 OB , 2017 Impreza
4,463 Posts
Some folks here must have money to burn paying the dealership hourly-rate to install seatback protectors. (Most dealerships charge hour MINIMUM.... so a 5 minute job costs 1-hour.....about $125 in my area)

I ordered my protectors at the dealership parts dept... then installed them MYSELF in the dealership lot. Took me about 5 minutes.

·
Registered
2022 Outback Touring XT - Cinnamon Brown Pearl
237 Posts
Both are over - factory installed on my 2022 Outback Touring XT which I just took delivery of. Rear Cargo Liner goes over top of all of that!

·
Registered
2022 Outback Wilderness
141 Posts
Some folks here must have money to burn paying the dealership hourly-rate to install seatback protectors. (Most dealerships charge hour MINIMUM.... so a 5 minute job costs 1-hour.....about $125 in my area)

I ordered my protectors at the dealership parts dept... then installed them MYSELF in the dealership lot. Took me about 5 minutes.
Sure if that’s all you are getting Installed, we got a lot of other accessories installed at the same time, hitch and bumper stuff, cross bars etc, for all the stuff we had dealer install was well worth the cost, but YMMV.

Here the labour is shown and billed in 10 minutes increments as i remember it.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts