Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone had any experience with aftermarket back-up sensors, the type that let you know when your approaching an object while in reverse? My wife wants one for her 03 OBW. I've been on-line and found quite a few running from about 80.00 to 200.00. I can install with no problem, just looking for input as to anyone's experience, good or bad. Thanks, Grumpy.

·
Registered
61 Posts
I installed an aftermarket kit a couple of months ago and it is a very nice feature.

My wife backed up in the snow/ice bank a couple times last winter and it won't happen again!!!

I bought mine on ebay for 40$, shipped to my door. The sensors come in different colors and the drill bit comes with it! There are many differents systems: you can have a numeric display on the dash that tells you how far you are from an obstable. The one I choose is the one with a beeper only. It starts beeping when you're within 2 meter and beeps faster as you get to 30cm. At that point, it beeps continuously. There is a switch on the beeper, so you can turn it off if you don't need it (when towing a trailer, or carrying bicycles on a hitch mounted rack).

Installation took about 3 hours. Because the backup lights are on the hatch door, you have to get there to get power and it is not that easy.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
About this Discussion
2 Replies
3 Participants
gturcotte
Subaru Outback Forums
Welcome to the Subaru Outback Owners Forum, we have tons of information about your Subaru Outback, from a Subaru Outback Wiki to customer reviews.
Full Forum Listing