Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So finally we have our 2013 to replace the totaled 2011. The 2011 was azurite blue and didnt have nav but they are otherwise the same car. I noticed last night on the 2013 the backup camera is useless due to the glare off of the white bumper. This eventually wont be a problem as I plan on adding a bumper protector an I think this should help. Can anyone comment on how well the camera on the nav looks at night with other colors? Basically our is a big blinding bar of white and then everything else is barely visible.

·
Registered
2017 Outback, 14 Jeep Grand Cherokee, 07 BMW E-93
604 Posts
Mine works perfectly at nite given it is not the best low lux camera.
Mine is Twilight Blue color but something is wrong on yours as you should be able to see well at night with the back up lights.
Can't snap a pic because it is daylight clearly not as good as daylight but maybe 60% as good which is still adequate...

·
Registered
2012 Impreza Sport Ltd 2013 Outback Limited SAP
1,495 Posts
Yes, would not have considered buying the car without it.

·
Registered
2013 OB 2.5 LTD with Nav & Sunroof Pkg's
79 Posts
I have a 2013 Limited in silver and have no issues at night with my back up cam. I also have the bumper protector due to my two dogs jumping in and out of the cargo area.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have a 2013 Limited in silver and have no issues at night with my back up cam. I also have the bumper protector due to my two dogs jumping in and out of the cargo area.
Yeah, the dog trashed the 2011. She is not allowd in until I get the protector. I grew up in Norfolk, great town.

·
Registered
2013 Outback Limited 2.5 EyeSight & 2010 Legacy Premium, 2010 OB Limited (traded)
2,129 Posts
I have an Ice Silver with no bumper protector and no night time camera issues. Find a dealer with a similiar car in stock and go there and compare it with yours in the same lighting situation.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts