14K views 11 replies 7 participants last post by  jennifer_winget 
#1 ·
FW Enterprises LLC.
Formerly: “MWE Axles”.
2595 S. Salida Street.
Aurora, Colorado. 80013
Phone: 1-303-522-8070
Email: fw1@juno.com or mwolf1303@juno.com

I purchased and installed a re-manufactured axle from this company. This part has been holding up well for ~5,000 miles however doing business is not a pleasant or professional experience.

1) They are hard to reach, email replies take days to weeks and they don't often answer the phone.

2) They poorly packaged the axle, and the abs ring dust guard was damaged in shipping, fortunately the tone ring was still ok, and I was able to bend the dust guard back into shape. (since I really needed the part) It looks like the box they shipped my part in had been re-used many many times.

3) They over charge for shipping, I returned my core in a bigger beefier box then they shipped the axle to me in and shipped UPS (same shipper they use) for 1/2 the price they charged.

4) I returned my genuine subaru core 7 weeks ago (confirmed by UPS tracking) and was never refunded my core charge. (They even confirmed receipt of the axle after numerous emails. )

As of today my paypal core charge has not been refunded, I will edit my post if I am refunded eventually.

5) Between the shipping charges, the cost to ship my core back and not being refunded on the core I could have easily purchased a Raxle or other new manufacture high quality axle.

I thereby CANNOT and DO NOT recommend this company I suggest take your business elsewhere.

See less See more
#3 ·
The problem is, there aren't really good high quality remanufactured axles out there. It is unfortunate, the shipping issues. I have dealt with Marshal personally, he is pretty causal and somewhat bitter about the business. And truthfully, I had to be pretty diligent when I wanted to track him down. Maybe that is a root problem.

I will continue to use his axles, they are doing great in Frank. Hopefully I won't need another pair.

#5 ·
I am sorry to hear you had the same problems as myself and some other members of the forum have been. We have also been very diligent and tracking him down but have been unsuccessful. While the axles are decent quality the unethical business practices not refunding cores after they have been returned is unacceptable and I am disappointed to hear you would continue doing business with him.

#4 ·
I am sad to report that I never got this issue resolved. Furthermore starting this thread show several other members have had the exact same issues. For the prices MWE/FW Enterprises charges + shipping you are not saving ANY MONEY. Get a Raxle or subaru OEM reman axle from a dealer (if you have a good one locally).

Do not use this vendor.

#6 ·
Traildog is local, so he's in a different situation then others. He doesn't have to pay shipping and can hand him the old axle before he gets the new so he doesn't pay a core (although I don't know he does that).

That said, I just bought a used axle for $36 and put it in my tribeca. I didn't even bother rebooting. It's so easy to remove and install, rebooting takes longer. So I'll wait until it tears to repair.

#7 ·
True. I do not know what to say, or what I would do given the situation. I am fortunate by location, I also prefer face to face. And, I actually did hand Marshal my axels...for him to rebuild. But again...I have a very unique situation. And maybe, like all of us sometimes. Life-situations sometimes supersede everything. Not that it is good business practice.

I will not feel comfortable recommending the service anymore for non-locals. However, if I need new axles, or even racing axles...you bet I'm still going there. And I will still attest to the quality. Just maybe not the out of town service.

I doubt all my b*tching over on the Discount Tire Experience Thread, has turned any of you away from a good price.

#8 ·
I suspect his main business is local - rebuilding axles for places like superrupair here in boulder (I know they get them done there). The onesie-twosies is probably a distraction and thus the poor experience.

#9 ·
I have no experience with FWE, but reading this I think I'm seeing another example of why distribution is often separated from production. How else would you see so many reports of them having the best product on the market and also so many complaints about the purchase & core process.

Tom- I like your solution. Just slam in a used OE part. For my low annual mileage, that method would still get me years of service at a fine price. Haven't needed it yet, fingers crossed.

#11 ·
dealing with cores and a mostly local business is frustrating, i hear you.

yet two experiences is anecdotal and should not rule out a business.

if the logic is "one experience means you should never buy from that place again" - that rules out every business in existence. that's nearly comical.

*some* (note i'm not saying the OP falls in this category) complaints will ignore the other side of the story. condition of axles, how long it took to return the core, other communication not divulged, full transcript/transparency, payment abnormalities, etc. a certain percentage of complaints will stem from those things.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.