Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hola ... new to the site and getting my new used car soon as it comes back from the dealership ... 99 Outback wagon, 47K, manual trans. ... looking forward to playing with it and mods but want to know if there is silver badging to be had out there. Mine is the gold, which looks crappy on silver paint. Any suggestions? Also, what is the reccomendation on switching to a lighter alum pulley? How much diff does it make?
thanks, the new guy

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
wow, that's super low mileage for a 99. unfortunately all the OB badging i've seen has been gold. but i may have missed some. and welcome to the monkey house. :D

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, I didn't think so, but I hoped some non-USA models have different badging. I might have to get a little creative here.

·
Superb Moderator, ,
6,194 Posts
Welcome to Subaru and the board. I wouldn't worry about the lightweight pulley just yet...Get the engine to breath better first, exhaust, better air filter etc. Give it some TLC first and then see what she needs. I have a lightweight crank pulley and I like it, but hold off a while on it to research other easy mods. Brian

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
as usual, Bad B is right on the money. think in terms of cost effectiveness and look at some of the common mods. live with it for a couple of weeks, ID which things you like the least, and see if they can be fixed or improved on. for cost of a trick lookin pulley which MAY give you a hp or 2 at high rpm, you could do a lot of other stuff. ditto, IMHO, for pricey aftermkt exh altho i know a lot of others disagree with me on this.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
About this Discussion
4 Replies
3 Participants
CPToversteer
Subaru Outback Forums
Welcome to the Subaru Outback Owners Forum, we have tons of information about your Subaru Outback, from a Subaru Outback Wiki to customer reviews.
Full Forum Listing