Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2013 limited Outback 2.5i, pzev, rear seat protectors, Venetian red pearl, all weather floor mats, rear cargo net, viper remote start, puddle lights, body side molding,
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've seen several subies (and a lot of trucks) with the not so wide guard that barely exceeds the width of the grille and has a skidplate. This is what I want. I'm so desperate because in Anchorage here, every shop i call doesn't know anything and can't find anywhere to order these. I'm about to jump out at the next traffic light or follow someone until the stop and ask where they got theirs...but I don't wanna get shot, lol.

Any ideas for a bar that will take lights (I don't wanna have to drill if I don't have to, you never *really* get it just right)? A domestic option would be better than the aussie ones due to me not wanting to spend 1500 between product and shipping.

·
Registered
22,835 Posts
I am looking also. There are some serious systems out there but a simple one seems elusive.
Probably one of the coolest I've seen was posted here on the forums a while back. Gen3 Ob owner modified a ATV bumper to bolt to the front bumper subframe. Looked great. I think he posted a few weeks back saying he was working on adding some lights to it.

Search on ATV bumper and the thread might pop up.

·
Registered
'11 outback 2.5i premium '12 impreza sport limited
3,822 Posts
primitive makes something, look up reddoak's car, but this bar on a baja ive seen a few times looks good. im sure you can find a good shop in your area that can fab it for you

·
Registered
2002 Outback Wagon
311 Posts
I looked into getting some 3 inch aluminum tubing and bending into shape with a conduit bender it was about 100 bucks on amazon for a 72 inch length of the tubing. But I decided not to do it yet because there were a few things I want to do first but I figured maybe you might want to give it a shot. one other thought is that you could see if you can use a bar from a smaller truck a see if it would fit.

·
Gallery Ninja, ,
2004 Outback "Bluebaru" & 2005 Outback XT
5,195 Posts
There is a mudrat bumper for sale on page 3ish of the classifieds here. ; 0

·
Registered
2006 Outback XT
28 Posts
I am looking also. There are some serious systems out there but a simple one seems elusive.
Have you looked at the rally innovations bars? I made brackets for my lights but I think I'm going to switch to the rally innovations bar. It's small and simple. Check their site.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts