Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
06 Baja
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had to snap this pic... the black one is my '06 >:), the black&silver... no idea but I see it parked there a lot recently.
Maybe I should hang out and see who owns it sometime.

·
Premium Member
I has car.
4,621 Posts
Lol I didn't realize 2 was a convergence.

Is it like Highlander? When another is nearby, can you sense its presence? If it wrecks do you get The Quickening?

·
Registered
Outbrat XT, Foz, 3.0R Limited
4,600 Posts

Is it like Highlander? When another is nearby, can you sense its presence? If it wrecks do you get The Quickening?
I can sense another one nearby, I've documented about 20 or so local Bajas on my Instagram. :wink2:

·
Registered
06 Baja
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

THERE CAN BE ONLY ONE... err I mean... I do notice when another is nearby x) Just don't lose your head.

I've become part of spontaneous multi-Baja formations on the highway every so often, that tends to be hilarious; three, four, five of us driving in a pack for no apparent reason.

·
Registered
06 Baja
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I would like to get my hands on a baja. I think they look great and are very versatile! I am going to try and look for a used one!
I'd been drooling after one for YEARS when this one came up available... if you find one, be ready to act fast, I got to the dealership early and there were two guys ahead of me for it already! Luckily their financing didn't work out...
The use & versatility I've gotten out of this minitruck is excellent. I still miss my big pickups sometimes but ish happens.

I had mine in for service and they'd just gotten another one in for sale... 5speed! I wanted to grab it so bad, I could have cried lol. I prefer a stick but hey, I have my Baja :grin2: I'll live with it being automatic.

·
Registered
4,600 Posts
Every time I stop by the local Subie dealer for parts I either get another customer asking if I'm willing to sell or a salesman trying to get me to trade it in. It's paid off now and I could sell it tomorrow for more than I paid for it. It's not going anywhere.

·
Registered
'13 OB 2.5 CVT. '15 Forester 2.5 6MT
16 Posts
I tried to find a Baja before I got my Foz. It's tough finding a Baja that does not have 150k+ miles. I was hoping some little old lady had one and drove it to church once a week and it would come up for sale - NOT!

For all of you lucky dogs, enjoy!

·
Registered
4,600 Posts
I tried to find a Baja before I got my Foz. It's tough finding a Baja that does not have 150k+ miles. I was hoping some little old lady had one and drove it to church once a week and it would come up for sale - NOT!

For all of you lucky dogs, enjoy!
WHats your location?

·
Registered
2014 3.6R Limited
849 Posts
Just out of curiosity. Have they made the interior bigger on these since the 1978 Brat? That was my 1st Suburu,tough as nails but I had to drive it with my knees cramed into the dash!

The reason I ended up with the Brat was due to a lemon Mercury Capri. FMC would do nothing! The dealership traded me the Brat for my undrivable Capri straight up! Turned out well in the long haul! But around 30K on it..traded it with worn out tires for about what I paid for the Capri!

·
Registered
'17 3.6R Touring Brillant Brown Pearl
2,384 Posts
Our local dealership says they have a list of about 10 people asking to be called if ANY Baja comes up for sale. In a city of around 100K people, that speaks volumes.

·
Registered
2016 OBW Premium [prev owned 09,06,03,01 OBW]
329 Posts
A friend of mine may soon be selling his 2003 Baja, silver, 5 speed, around 120k miles. Philadelphia area. Any thoughts on real-world pricing? Blue book doesn't really work for these.

·
Registered
4,600 Posts
Our local dealership says they have a list of about 10 people asking to be called if ANY Baja comes up for sale. In a city of around 100K people, that speaks volumes.
I usually get asked by a salesman if I'm interested in "trading up" every time I go for oil filters or something. They just got an NA one in, and there are a handful for sale in the area on CL.

·
Brucey
'17 3.6 Limited
9,775 Posts
There is a pristine yellow Baja for sale here locally.

It has a matching topper for it.

I'm so confused every time I see it.

·
On the Super Mod Squad
2002 Pair: 3.0 VDC Wag & 2.5 Limited Sedan
25,346 Posts
There is a pristine yellow Baja for sale here locally.

It has a matching topper for it.

I'm so confused every time I see it.
I am thinking you need to replace the chevy truck,

with a Forester with rear roof and hatch chopped off it.

·
On the Super Mod Squad
25,346 Posts
I have a lead on a new truck. 2500HD 4WD Chevy Gas. So tempting except for the Chevy part.
I had one of those for a few weeks,...sold it without putting a for sale sign on it before I got it plated for myself.
1999 6.0 sliverado (with the 99-02 body),...3 door extended cab 8' long bed,.....the wheelbase was 157" so one like that would really suck for where you like to trail ride, vs. the little one you had.

·
Brucey
'17 3.6 Limited
9,775 Posts
I had one of those for a few weeks,...sold it without putting a for sale sign on it before I got it plated for myself.
1999 6.0 sliverado (with the 99-02 body),...3 door extended cab 8' long bed,.....the wheelbase was 157" so one like that would really suck for where you like to trail ride, vs. the little one you had.
I can't ever go without an 8 foot bed again. I just can't imagine not having it now.

·
On the Super Mod Squad
25,346 Posts
I can't ever go without an 8 foot bed again. I just can't imagine not having it now.
I have too often moved big things that are 8 feet long in a 6.5 foot bed,....or a borrowed 8 foot bed with a typical bolt on tool box hogging up the whole front of the bed. heavy stuff on the closed tailgate or strapped into the bed hanging out the open tailgate.

I would have preferred to have a shorter bed and then build a DIY bed extender to use with the tailgate down only when needed. (this giving the short wheel base,..with a 8 foot bed too).....

or maybe a 6.5 foot bedded truck that becomes a longer custom flat bed.

·
Brucey
'17 3.6 Limited
9,775 Posts
I have too often moved big things that are 8 feet long in a 6.5 foot bed,....or a borrowed 8 foot bed with a typical bolt on tool box hogging up the whole front of the bed. heavy stuff on the closed tailgate or strapped into the bed hanging out the open tailgate.

I would have preferred to have a shorter bed and then build a DIY bed extender to use with the tailgate down only when needed. (this giving the short wheel base,..with a 8 foot bed too).....

or maybe a 6.5 foot bedded truck that becomes a longer custom flat bed.
Even with the toolbox on BS Truck I never felt it was in the way. Probably because it was not bolted down and held in place by a single ratchet strap. Took it out several times. It was surprisingly light!

But for picking up the odd drywall, plywood, etc it simply slid under the box.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts