Subaru Outback Forums banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
3,014 Posts
I love my Baja Turbo... but admit I cannot even fit a bicycle in the bed without contorting the front wheel 90 degrees.

However, for my purposes (Saturday trips to the dump and return bottles) it is perfect size. The rear seat is ALWAYS folded down at all times. This gives me an inside/lockable area for cargo.

Baja can carry large appliances whereas Outback may not be able to. (refrigerator MUST be stored and transported in upright position so the oil remains in the bottom of compressor)

·
On the Super Mod Squad
2002 Pair: 3.0 VDC Wag & 2.5 Limited Sedan
25,426 Posts
I love my Baja Turbo... but admit I cannot even fit a bicycle in the bed without contorting the front wheel 90 degrees.

However, for my purposes (Saturday trips to the dump and return bottles) it is perfect size. The rear seat is ALWAYS folded down at all times. This gives me an inside/lockable area for cargo.

Baja can carry large appliances whereas Outback may not be able to.
and stinky 5 gallon fuel cans. (strapped down out in the wind vs. inside the hatch).

did your baja come with one of these bike fork attachment racks? ...looks like a cool thing to get from someone without using it,

nice for hauling multiple bikes without a hitch carrier or a roof rack.

http://www.subaruoutback.org/forums/186-baja/379401-what.html

·
Registered
Outbrat XT, Foz, 3.0R Limited
4,602 Posts

Baja can carry large appliances whereas Outback may not be able to. (refrigerator MUST be stored and transported in upright position so the oil remains in the bottom of compressor)
I built a skewer mount for mine. Tailgate down with bed extender. I used the forward 2x4 mount and blocked it up two blocks and then put a cross beam. Secured it with a ratchet strap. I have a bunch of lengths of superstrut I'm going to use to rebuild and use some eye bolts and turn buckles to secure it to the tie down. What's holding me back? I need a mount for my 29" front tire.

·
Registered
2005 Baja Turbo 4EAT
2 Posts
Hi all. I'm new to the forum.

I acquired an 05 Baja Turbo 4EAT last October. It belonged to an Air Force veteran who kept in it in good shape. I purchased it with 72000 miles on the odometer. Since then, I've swapped over snow tires, added a CD player and an oil change with Rotella T6. The odometer is now at 78,250.

Right now I'm trying to decide on summer wheels and tires. I'm still wrestling between going with 17x8" or 18x8.5" ET45 wheels on a stock suspension. I'd appreciate any feedback here. I got overwhelmed with the 17vs18 debates from years ago on other forums! What do you all run for street wheel and tires during the warmer months?

·
Registered
50 Posts
Right now I'm trying to decide on summer wheels and tires. I'm still wrestling between going with 17x8" or 18x8.5" ET45 wheels on a stock suspension. I'd appreciate any feedback here. I got overwhelmed with the 17vs18 debates from years ago on other forums! What do you all run for street wheel and tires during the warmer months?
I personally think anything bigger than 17" Wheels on a vehicle this size starts to look a little silly. Unless you're lowered or going for that "Hellaflush" look, 17s seem to fit the proportions of the car better and keep it looking right. My Baja is still new to me so all I have on it currently are winter wheels. I'll be purchasing an all-season set for the warmer months when things start to warm up, but typically I've been a big fan of Continental "DWS" tires. I've had em in various forms on other Subarus and they seem to be a good all-rounder.

Back to "The Convergence", the only time I've managed to see more than one Baja at a time has been at local Subaru owners events. There's a Black / Silver one that has done a H6 3.0 Swap in his and an all-Blue one that belongs to a Subaru Ambassador, but I haven't run into 'em since I picked up my silver Baja last week. I'll be sure to take a picture once I get a handful together.

·
Registered
Outbrat XT, Foz, 3.0R Limited
4,602 Posts
I can sense another one nearby, I've documented about 20 or so local Bajas on my Instagram. :wink2:
I’m up to 39 so far. Most have been early models, NA in silver or yellow/silver. Some Turbos though.

·
Registered
06 Baja
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
I'm only aware of ten or so around me, mostly yellow/silver or silver, a few black/silver. Haven't seen another all-black like mine.
I'm smurfing around for a parts car now; The Doof Wagon is having issues but that's gonna be its own thread next. :banghead:

21 - 28 of 28 Posts