Subaru Outback Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of December's Outback of the Month Challenge!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2014 outback named Krugeroo. We bought it on friday the 13th.
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my 2014 base model driver seat is getting uncomfortable at 38,000 miles. Thinking of adding a power seat track to allow more angle or pitch. The underside of my legs near my knees get really uncomfortable after about an hour of driving. Does my base have the wiring already there to allow me to upgrade? Has anyone done this modification?
Thanks for any info.

·
Registered
2011 Outback Limited. White, Sunroof, 2.5, CVT. Bought 2/15/11. Love it! Broke 109K, 2/20.
452 Posts
Apparently nobody has the answer.

I'm going to take a stab at the wiring being in place simply because a harness is probably made for all vehicles and the needed wires are used when required. I can't swear to it. I guess the only way would be to pull the carpet under your drivers seat and take a peek. Unless you have a relationship with a dealership service department who might have the answer, although I honestly would look before getting a replacement seat! OTOH the worst you would encounter would be the need to run two wires to the seat from the fuse block. The seat has all the switches on it so it only need the 12V to be there.

I agree with the additional adjustments of the electric seat being a benefit over the simple slide track. At almost 93K I've never been uncomfortable in my seat.

·
Registered
3 Posts
So it seems as though the base models don't have the correct wiring harness installed from the factory. Would this mean that buying a wiring harness and running it to the fuse box is sufficient?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts