Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m kicking around the idea of going with smaller wheels on my 2.5i Gen IV Outback. Specifically 15x8 Basset Racing wheels with a 5 inch backspacing or roughly +12mm offset. I see a lot of older OB and FOZ running them but does anyone have experience with them on a Gen IV? Looking at a 235/75/15 all terrain (Probably Kumho AT51 or Falken Wild Peak).

This setup would run me about $200 a corner mounted and out the door and would keep the weight down when I switch to an AT tire.

·
Premium Member
2014 Outback 2.5 Limited CVT
59 Posts
i don't think the 15" wheels will fit over the stock brake rotors / calipers.

·
Registered
2000 Outback, 6" Lift - FOR SALE; 2017 Forester XT; 2017 Outback 3.6R
38 Posts
Exactly what LMC said, you need to run at least a 16" wheel or bigger IIRC

·
Registered
10 Posts
I’m kicking around the idea of going with smaller wheels on my 2.5i Gen IV Outback. Specifically 15x8 Basset Racing wheels with a 5 inch backspacing or roughly +12mm offset. I see a lot of older OB and FOZ running them but does anyone have experience with them on a Gen IV? Looking at a 235/75/15 all terrain (Probably Kumho AT51 or Falken Wild Peak).

This setup would run me about $200 a corner mounted and out the door and would keep the weight down when I switch to an AT tire.

Old post, but did you ever get the Basset wheels? My research shows they should fit contrary to what others posted because of their very low offset and design.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts