Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2016 Outback’s battery has been dead every morning for the last couple mornings. Autozone tested the battery and alternator. Both checked good. I busted out the multimeter and I have .2 amp drain coming from fuse 29 ABS Sol. Has anyone had the this problem? Or what this fuse controls? I google’d ABS solenoid and came up with zero.

·
Registered
2017 Outback Limited 2.5, Twilight Blue/Ivory, Eyesight. Also 1995 BMW 525i with 240,000 miles
2,194 Posts
following

·
Registered
2005 Outback 3.0R VDC/VTD 5eat , 2'' lift
1,546 Posts
it controls what it says ABS solenoid. remove fuse and you dont have ABS and traction control with it. good for off road though. maybe some problem in that ABS thing where solenoid is . any errors there ?

·
Registered
2017 Outback Limited -2.5 CVT ---- 'Gone' 2014 Outback Limited - 2.5 CVT ---- 'Rehomed' 2012 Outback Limited - 2.5 CVT - Deep Indigo Pearl ---- "RIP" 2010 Outback - 2.5 CVT - Silver - So's my hair
115 Posts
This suddenly happen? Is there a light switch on? Rear hatch light has gotten me a couple of times.

·
Registered
Outback 3.6R
58 Posts
My 2016 3.6 outback original battery has been dying too. Was able to jump it from a portable battery a few times last week, but was not able to today.

·
Registered
19 Outback 2.5 Premium
13 Posts
Automotive battery life has been decreasing the last few years. 10-15 years back it was possible to get 5-7 years out of one that you took good care with. Today around 3 years is the expected life for the ordinary ones.

·
Registered
Outback 3.6R
58 Posts
I suspect the battery died for me. Will replace asap with whatever my mechanic stocks.

·
Registered
3 Posts
The battery on my 2018 has died five times in 18 months. Twice in the winter when my car was at the airport for a week and I got back to town and had to call AAA. It dies almost every time I leave It for a week undriven. Died this week (May) since I’m not going anywhere due to Covid scare. Dealer checked it two or three times and says it tests fine so can’t be replace under warranty. Says this is a special battery from Subaru to try to keep this from happening. This time I took photos of corrosion around the seal and waiting to hear what they say about it. Too many electronics on these cars. Batteries can’t keep up. I believe they need two batteries, like a camper has one for the vehicle and one for all the electronics in the camper part.

·
Registered
2016 Outback Premium 2.5 CVT w/EyeSight+SRVD
6,783 Posts
^^ Invest $40 or so in a good-quality "smart" battery maintainer (a.k.a. Battery Tender, Battery Minder, etc.) and use it overnight, once a month or so. No battery will remain fully charged and healthy under the intermittent usage cycle you describe. This isn't just a Subaru thing, either.

·
Registered
2019 Subaru Outback Touring 3.6R
191 Posts
Do whatever you need to do to overcome the obvious deficiency in the design of our vehicles. Subarus have had a problem with batteries forever and have no intention to correct it. But hey, I have paddle shifters. I went ahead and replaced mine when only 6 months old with a larger battery. I paid a ton for my Northstar battery but it had the highest capacity I could find. You also must invest in a remote battery jump starter and keep it under the front seat. Just a little engineering could have prevented all of this crap.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Subaru Outback battery is known to be pretty weak and bad after a short few years of usage. I had mine tested at dealership and they said it was ok, but clearly it kept on dying. Eventually bought a better spec battery and all battery related problems are gone

·
Registered
2019 Subaru Outback Touring 3.6R
191 Posts
I am only blaming myself. I was looking for a cheap car to use for my work. I think I got what i deserved.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts