Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2016 2.5i Premium / 2020 2.5i Premium
2,390 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all!
My Outback is two years old, and I just came back from having the 36k mile oil change done (at 36,390 miles).
At the shop, the guy shows me that the battery is leaking pretty badly.
Does anybody here know for how long the battery is covered under Subaru's warranty?
This site (Evanston Subaru) here says something like 30 months with no mileage limit - in which case I would still be covered. Is that true?

Thanks a lot for any help, much appreciated!

·
On the Super Mod Squad
02 Pair: 3.0 VDC Wag & 2.5 Limited Sedan
26,200 Posts
@Brucey traded a battery recently to a better one of his choice, and got subaru to cough up the money.

·
Registered
2015 Outback 2.5i Limited, Ice Silver/Black
2,112 Posts
I'd just throw a hundred into a far better quality battery, but I do my own service, so I have money to burn!. :) But check with your dealer and your own warranty info. If they replace, I'd Craigslist the replacement and still buy a better battery...

Reactions: z28dug

·
Registered
2016 2.5i Premium / 2020 2.5i Premium
2,390 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
At the dealer right now.
If they replace it under warranty, I'll keep that battery for however long it will last.
If not, I'll get one at Costco. Or are there better places / options?

Thanks again for all the replies!

·
Registered
2017 Outback Limited -2.5 CVT ---- 'Gone' 2014 Outback Limited - 2.5 CVT ---- 'Rehomed' 2012 Outback Limited - 2.5 CVT - Deep Indigo Pearl ---- "RIP" 2010 Outback - 2.5 CVT - Silver - So's my hair
120 Posts
You probably crossed a line in the dealers driveway that had the 'fine print' of the battery warranty.

Once crossed it's all yours.

·
Registered
282 Posts
The basic 3/36 for new cars will cover your battery.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Hi all!
My Outback is two years old, and I just came back from having the 36k mile oil change done (at 36,390 miles).
At the shop, the guy shows me that the battery is leaking pretty badly.
Does anybody here know for how long the battery is covered under Subaru's warranty?
This site (Evanston Subaru) here says something like 30 months with no mileage limit - in which case I would still be covered. Is that true?

Thanks a lot for any help, much appreciated!
What did the dealer said?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts