Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
'97 Outback Legacy
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Bay Area folks,

My 97 Legacy Outback was stolen from my work's parking lot, by Laney College in Oakland, in broad daylight last week.

She was locked, there was no broken glass, she's a manual and has a lot of character, so I can't figure out who would want her besides a homeless person to live in maybe?

FL license plate: KGV C68
lots o stickers on the back and other parts of the body
Painted her side trim and front grille teal
sprayed a purple mermaid next to the rear license plate
glittery teal stickshift cover

Here are some photos - if you see her please let me (and the police) know! I've been keeping her going on my own for 12 years now and there's no way I can afford buying a new car!

If anyone has any tips on places to look for ditched cars or people living in cars, that would also be appreciated. I've already checked the edges of West Oakland and around International in the 100's.

Thanks for reading!

Attachments

·
Registered
2001 OBW VDC, 2004 WRX, 1999 LEGACY L (in a heap)
1,270 Posts
bummer. Well, its certainly individuated so it should be spotted if its being driven...

glad to hear you weren't in it when it was taken~

·
Registered
2008 OB 2.5i 5mt
86 Posts
That really sucks! :(

Bay Area can be so messed up. My friend drives an old, barely running VW TDI. After a recent electrical issue she was no longer able to roll up her rear passenger window, so she had it covered up with cardboard... and yet someone still inexplicably smashed her window a couple of days later.

Given there was no broken glass I'd be more inclined to suspect it was a professional job, rather than it being a crime of desperation. I've heard 90s civics are often targeted for some reason. I know that's not what you'd want to hear. So sorry this has happened to you.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts