Subaru Outback Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2011 Subaru Outback 2.5i Premium PZEV
401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I fell victim to getting this done at the dealer, but not this time. I will change my cabin air filter ( I think after 22,000 miles its high time right guys?) I know how to do it. WHERE CAN I GET IT? I know dealer is expensive so where can i get a good quality filter for cheap?

Also I need touch up paint. Is it easier and cheaper to get from dealer?

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
How often should you REALLY wait before you change them, I believe the dealer "says" 15k.

And I am assuming your talking about the filters, no tthe touch up paint

·
Registered
"Honey Badger" 2005 OBXT Limited 5EAT 108K+ miles
107 Posts
pull it out and look at it. if it looks dirty, change it. mine was baaaad when i changed it on my "new to me" OB. the thing was pretty much black and even had leaves in it. it was probably the first time it had ever been changed.

·
Registered
2009 2.5i, H4, Auto.
838 Posts
Check your local autoparts store. Nowadays they keep a stock of cabin air filters as well as the engine ones. If they don't have it on the shelf, most can order one for you.

I actually got one at Walmart last time I needed one.

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well im obviously over with (22k) miles. I did take a look at it. It had some leaves and other stuff in the crevices, but it seeemed fine. I guess for better piece of mind it is good to check it out (change it)

Do the auto parts stores/walmart have ones that are HEPA?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.