Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am shopping for a 2005 Outback 2.5i, and was curious about the group's consensus....

What are the coolest colors? The monochrome versions are out, I am not looking for a 3.0 or a Turbo.

·
Administrator
4,270 Posts
The ONLY two colors I'd get on any 2005 Outback would be either Silver or Green :29:

·
Registered
195 Posts
Blue is my favorite all around color so the Atlantic Blue would be my choice, if it weren't for the fact I got sick and tired of driving blue-colored vehicles over the past 18 years. Chose silver this time.

Looking at the Willow/Moss... um, I know I wouldn't get that color. :)

I like the Champagne Gold a lot, though.

Not a real large selection of colors. I wonder why Subaru lacks a red color, such as the San Remo of the Impreza's? Some kind of maroon or dark red is typically used by other car makers for their SUV's.

·
Registered
1,618 Posts
roo said:

Not a real large selection of colors. I wonder why Subaru lacks a red color, such as the San Remo of the Impreza's? Some kind of maroon or dark red is typically used by other car makers for their SUV's.
Am I missing something, what about Garnet Red?

·
Registered
303 Posts
I am partial to the monochrome black which is now the only monochrome color scheme on the 2.5i.

Attachments

·
Registered
195 Posts

·
Registered
1,618 Posts
roo said:

I could be... I wasn't finding that color at all when searching for 2005 subaru outback colors. :(

Now I have... only, now I see a Regetta Red. Also, looked like Garnet Red was mentioned mostly for Australia. Check out other colors:

http://www.automotive.com/new-cars/11/subaru/outback/index.html
Hmmm, have you tried looking on www.subaru.com? You can color and configure an Outback there and Garnet Pearl Red is definitely listed for the more upmarket models. (XT and above)

Cheers,
Karl

·
Registered
297 Posts
For the 2.5i and 2.5i Ltd, I'd get the Silver/Granite combo. The White/Granite isn't too bad. I personally don't care for the Atlantic Blue, and I'm not much for tan or green, either. I saw a dark blue color on a GT Sdn that was nice. Doesn't look available on OBW.

BUT for the Turbo, I'd have to go with the Garnet Red monotone!

I like red vehicles. I wanted to get the Red/Titanium 3.0 OBSdn, but the wife wanted the Wintergreen...its her car.

·
Super Moderator
6,009 Posts
What's this?!

I was driving home from work yesterday and saw this 05 OB pull out ahead of me...but it wasn't just any 05...
It was Dark Red/Maroon! Definitely NOT Garnet Red. I had my camera in the car and snapped a couple "spy pics"...sorry they are blurry, I was driving at the time!

Maybe it is Garnet Red and I just couldn't tell cause it was getting dark out, but I honestly don't think it was. It wasn't bright/brilliant enough to be the Garnet...

Very interesting.

·
Premium Member
154 Posts
waynerd said:
For the 2.5i and 2.5i Ltd, I'd get the Silver/Granite combo. The White/Granite isn't too bad. I personally don't care for the Atlantic Blue, and I'm not much for tan or green, either. I saw a dark blue color on a GT Sdn that was nice. Doesn't look available on OBW.

BUT for the Turbo, I'd have to go with the Garnet Red monotone!

I like red vehicles. I wanted to get the Red/Titanium 3.0 OBSdn, but the wife wanted the Wintergreen...its her car.
I didn't think I would like the Atlantic Blue just looking through the brochure - but after seeing one in person, it was my favorite. When my sis-in-law decided it was the color she wanted, we had to search the entire state before we found ONE Limited with an automatic. We found about a half-dozen 5M's - but she decided the 4A would suit her better.
:)

·
Registered
174 Posts
Hey Green, that's definately Garnet Red on that XT you were behind. I like the Red in the XT but not the GT. My Outback 2.5i is Obsidian Black but I have exchanged the boring base 16" wheels for the Baja 5 spokes.

·
Registered
297 Posts
I didn't think I would like the Atlantic Blue just looking through the brochure - but after seeing one in person, it was my favorite.
I took a look at it at the dealership the other day when I went for the rear sub-assembly recall and oil change...too teal-ish for me.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
About this Discussion
15 Replies
11 Participants
FastSly
Subaru Outback Forums
Welcome to the Subaru Outback Owners Forum, we have tons of information about your Subaru Outback, from a Subaru Outback Wiki to customer reviews.
Full Forum Listing