Subaru Outback Forums banner
  • Our 4th of July contest is live! Enter HERE for your chance to win a $400 Walmart gift card.
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Outback of the Month Challenge!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2005 Outback 3.0R LL Bean.
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Should I bite the bullet and get the factory dog guard? It looks pretty good, a bit more than I wanted to spend at about $180. Main consideration is durability and stability with ease of removal a close second. Any suggestions? I have seen a couple of people mention that some universal types may not stay in place very well. Tired of mopping up drool after every visit to the dog park, I figure this will keep tongue and leather apart. Thanks!

·
Registered
2012 Outback - 2005 Outback XT
374 Posts
I've never seen a
Should I bite the bullet and get the factory dog guard? It looks pretty good, a bit more than I wanted to spend at about $180. Main consideration is durability and stability with ease of removal a close second. Any suggestions? I have seen a couple of people mention that some universal types may not stay in place very well. Tired of mopping up drool after every visit to the dog park, I figure this will keep tongue and leather apart. Thanks!
I've never seen an aftermarket barrier that I'd consider to be sturdy enough to stop anything but the most passive dog.
You get what you pay for.
Keep an eye out on Craigslist and eBay for used ones. I got a great deal on the one for my 2012.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

1 - 2 of 2 Posts