Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
2003 VDC Subaru Outback 3L H6
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After a $3 pair of wipers on sale at Costco performed poorly, just wanted to ask - which make and model of windshield wiper have you had the best experience with?

What are good sources for it?

Never gave it much thought until I saw how bad these were. I think I've used Bosch in the past with no problems.

·
Registered
2011 SSM Outback 2.5i Premium
2,082 Posts
I used a pair of SilBlade FlexBlades for 5+ years on my previous vehicle without issue. They have a 5 year warranty. These blades are made in the US, just outside Saratoga, NY. Near the end they were starting to streak, but I got my 5 years out of them.

·
Registered
'11 outback 2.5i premium '12 impreza sport limited
3,822 Posts
rainx latitude worked awesome on my wife's old impreza, they don't seem to work as well on my outback though. I think ill try bosch next time

·
Registered
'14 3.6R Outback
2,345 Posts
Never seen $3 wipers at Costco and shame on Costco for having such cheap item. Personally, I'd be very skeptical of $3 wipers.

I've used Goodyears at Costco on all vehicles prior to the OB with great success.

·
Registered
2011 Tacoma TRD Sport Double Cab Long Box
2,893 Posts
rainx latitude worked awesome on my wife's old impreza, they don't seem to work as well on my outback though. I think ill try bosch next time
I want in the other direction. Had two sets of Bosch Icons on my 2004. On both sets the blade started to peel from the arm after part of a winter. Not sure if it was just bad luck and I happened to get two bad sets or if that's the norm with them.

I put Rain-X Latitudes on my 2008 and find performance to be about the same, but they have held up to a winter unlike the Bosch's.

I wanted to go with PIAA wipers this time, but when I bought my 2008 it had horrendous wipers on it and I didn't want to wait for shipping.

·
I simply cannot abide useless people.
2006 2.5i and 2002 3.0 wagons.
12,307 Posts
I have good luck with the basic Weather Beater house brand at Advance auto.

·
Premium Member
2005 3.0 R n totaled
7,529 Posts
I use Valeo brand for many years now....

·
Registered
2007 Subaru Outback L.L. Bean
173 Posts
Hi there!

Another +1 for Valeo. I bought mine from Amazon, including the rear wiper blade.

·
Premium Member
2005 3.0 R n totaled
7,529 Posts
Even OEM Subaru wipers are manufactured by Valeo...you can get them on Amazon and other websites for fraction of the cost paid to the dealer....

Valeo is the #1 Worldwide Wiper Systems Manufacturer. Valeo wiper products are installed OE by almost every vehicle manufacturer in the world, and more than one vehicle out of every three produced in North America is equipped with Valeo wiper systems. The Wiper Systems Branch develops and manufactures all types of front and rear wiper systems to give the driver perfect visibility in all weather conditions, thereby improving comfort and safety.

·
Registered
2001 Outback Base (Wife's Car Actually)
32 Posts
I've used a lot of different brands on all my cars through the years and in my experience, Michelin Stealth wipers work the best and last the longest. I usually buy them from Amazon.

·
Registered
6 Posts
After a $3 pair of wipers on sale at Costco performed poorly, just wanted to ask - which make and model of windshield wiper have you had the best experience with?

What are good sources for it?

Never gave it much thought until I saw how bad these were. I think I've used Bosch in the past with no problems.

The silicon ones last forever

PIAA super silicon refills. 12" to 22" are 6mm claw width. 24" to 28" are 8mm claw width.

Driver 25 1/2 inch = 26 Inch. 8mm claw width. PIAA 94065
Passenger 18 3/4 inch = 19 Inch. 8mm claw width. PIAA 94065 (order 26 inch 94065 for the width then cut down)
Rear 13 7/8 inch = 14 Inch. 6mm claw width. PIAA 94035 (order 19 inch 94048 and cut down)

·
Registered
304 Posts
Not sure why anyone would buy wipers from Amazon? Michelin stealth are sold at Walmart. price of wiper from amazon then shipping cost= Walmart price.

To add ran Bosch Icons for awhile and only a few months after being here on the coast of Oregon and all the salt spray ruined them ,know running PIAA Hybrids.

·
Premium Member
2005 3.0 R n totaled
7,529 Posts
Not sure why anyone would buy wipers from Amazon? Michelin stealth are sold at Walmart. price of wiper from amazon then shipping cost= Walmart price.

To add ran Bosch Icons for awhile and only a few months after being here on the coast of Oregon and all the salt spray ruined them ,know running PIAA Hybrids.
Why ? Because Walmart doesn't sell Valeos....LOL

·
Registered
2008 Outback 2.5i AT
202 Posts
bosch icon from rock auto and run summer/winter. usually get a year out of em. sometimes two, but not usually

·
Registered
189 Posts
Whatever is cheapest , the Nevada Desert is **** on wipers ... Lucky to get 6 months from any of them

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
2006 OBXT L
128 Posts
I just placed OEM on the fronts a few months back after my 3rd windshield replacement (the Altamont Pass has been trashed for the last 3 to 5 years, not getting any better in a hurry).
Have had great sucess with PIAA in the past. We mostly have UV degredation out here more than anything else.

1 - 20 of 54 Posts