Subaru Outback Forums banner

81 - 100 of 120 Posts

·
Registered
'17 Outback 2.5i Premium
135 Posts
The problem is the mat folding up under my feet near the pedals, especially the narrow part that goes up the firewall; a triple thickness of mat under my heel can catch me up when I go from throttle to brake, and I don't like it to get under the throttle.

·
Registered
2016 Outback Premium 2.5 CVT w/EyeSight+SRVD
6,842 Posts
Strange, I have never had that problem in either of our Subarus.

·
Registered
2018 Outback 2.5i Limited, No Eyesight, No Navigation
2,766 Posts
Hmmmm. In my 2015 Legacy and 2016 Outback the pins are enough to keep the mats from moving around. That's what they're there for.
Some of us have heavy clunker feet that require more mat stability.

·
Registered
'17 Outback Limited 3.6R in Venetian Red.
431 Posts
Instead of removing the plastic bar from the drivers seat, can't you just put the lumbar at it's lowest setting and have the same "lazy boy" chair effect?

·
Brucey
'17 3.6
10,854 Posts
Discussion Starter #86
Instead of removing the plastic bar from the drivers seat, can't you just put the lumbar at it's lowest setting and have the same "lazy boy" chair effect?
Not even close. I had mine bottomed out for weeks before doing it.

·
Registered
2019 Limited 2.5
235 Posts
Not even close. I had mine bottomed out for weeks before doing it.
Put phone number on fob. If you lose it in public, there is at least a chance of getting your fob back. A phone number not connected to your identity is suitable for the extra cautious folks.

View attachment 472328
I never take my fob out of my pants pocket. I'd have to lose my pants to lose my keys. In that case, maybe I should put my lawyer's phone number on the fob...

·
Registered
2016 OB 2.5 Premium w/ES
42 Posts

Disabling the GPS movement lock out by grounding the VSS signal going into the head unit allows a passenger to input GPS directions when needed. Only need a soldering iron and some wire which you probably have if you have a soldering iron.
What is this mod for? GPS movement lock?

·
Registered
2018 Outback Premium 2.5
318 Posts
Adjusted the rear view mirror all the way up, amazing how much extra visibility you get out the windshield....
Also have to adjust the headlights tonight. Measured [email protected] 10' and they are under 31".

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2018 Outback 2.5i Limited, No Eyesight, No Navigation
2,766 Posts
Another not quite free but very functional mod I did was add an engine compartment light that comes on automatically when the hood is opened. I've posted this before but it is kind of lost in the mega LAME Battery thread.

It started off with one fairly simple mod which was to add a hard-wired plug at the battery to plug a maintainer in directly without having to use the alligator clips on the terminals.

When it occurred to me that the fused harness could also double as a power source I added a spring loaded switch and some LED lights stuck to the hood which get plugged into the maintainer harness attached to the battery. Works great. I think I spent about $30 but only used two of the 8 LED lights in the set so I still have the rest for other projects.
This is one of those mods I wish I had just done when I first saw it. Do you happen to have links handy for the parts to that light setup?

·
Registered
2017 2.5i Premium Lapis Blue
3,879 Posts
This is one of those mods I wish I had just done when I first saw it. Do you happen to have links handy for the parts to that light setup?
Forgot to get back to this. I saw the post on night shift at work that night but forgot to get back to it when it was easier to find the info on my PC.

I guess the easiest way is just to link a post I made shortly after I did the underhood light mod. The switch and lights I used are both linked there. I've never been crazy about that switch which I had originally bought for something else, but it has worked well and has held up this long. The light kit is also linked. It has far more lights than needed for just this project but the rest could be used for other things.

This post has some better pictures of the install and the bracket I made for the switch.

·
Registered
2019 Outback Limited 2.5i
219 Posts
Under a dollar mod and a $357 one to save scratching the open tailgate. Hadn't seen a picture of the carabiner lift gate fooler mod so here's ours, and the jackshaft garage door opener in the background. They're great as they remove the opener carriage running over the top of the car that always was hitting the lift gate on our other vehicle. And I should have got orange carabiners. The wife just came and said the liftgate won't close again...
caribiner and jackshaft opener.jpg

·
Registered
2019 Outback Limited 2.5i
219 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
209 Posts
The problem is the mat folding up under my feet near the pedals, especially the narrow part that goes up the firewall; a triple thickness of mat under my heel can catch me up when I go from throttle to brake, and I don't like it to get under the throttle.
Order a set of Floor Mats from Cocomats.com and you will never have this problem again. Have had cocomats in all of my vehicles for many years. They are more than worth the money.

·
Registered
2017 2.5i Premium Lapis Blue
3,879 Posts
Another not quite free mod but still under ten bucks including sales tax. The verdict is still out but it was worth the money just for the chance at reliving the nostalgia of a retro steering wheel cover. I've had similar lace-on covers in probably five or six vehicles over the years, mostly back in the 80s and early 90s. For the price my expectations were pretty low but so far it seems pretty decent. The lacing ends up a little awkward with the wider cross bars of the steering wheel but I made it work. I don't anticipate the tan color to look good for long since my hands are dirty more often than not, but I figured I would give it a try.

·
Registered
2017 3.6R Limited with Eye Sight
596 Posts
Another not quite free mod but still under ten bucks including sales tax. The verdict is still out but it was worth the money just for the chance at reliving the nostalgia of a retro steering wheel cover. I've had similar lace-on covers in probably five or six vehicles over the years, mostly back in the 80s and early 90s. For the price my expectations were pretty low but so far it seems pretty decent. The lacing ends up a little awkward with the wider cross bars of the steering wheel but I made it work. I don't anticipate the tan color to look good for long since my hands are dirty more often than not, but I figured I would give it a try.

View attachment 480620

It looks like your steering wheel is made out of bratwurst.

·
Registered
4,449 Posts

View attachment 480620
those were great on the thinner plastic steering wheels with the steel core... in the winter those things were cold! One I left on a car for a few years when I went to replace it, the inner liner had stuck to the steering wheel and that took a lot of scrubbing to clean off. Should have replaced it earlier when it started falling apart, so my fault.

now you just need some fuzzy dice on the rear view mirror, a hula doll on the dash, and a big footprint gas pedal and you're set!

81 - 100 of 120 Posts